Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made my first long trip in my 08 tribute. I set the cruise control to 70 MPH on the highway.

I guess I upset some people when passing semi trucks. Had a few tailgate, and honk their horns. I had to fight the urge to slam on the brakes or slow down specifically to push their buttons. I did let a few of them know they were number 1 though. I maintained speed except for the guy who wanted to tailgate me with his bright lights on, I slowed down to match the truck beside me's speed, and called in a possible DUI, state troopers handled him.

All in all I went 323 miles on just under 3/4 tank. I figured it up to be just over 29 MPG. Outstanding considering I just traded in a dodge durango that when the POS worked got 14 MPG Hwy and about 8 MPG city.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm guessing you have a 4-cylinder... Two or four wheel drive? I get about 375 per tank with my 4WD V6 but I drive almost exclusively highway to and from work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That sounds more like the 4cyl

my AWD v6 gets 14-18 city and 19-21 on hwy. i drive city mostly.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Best I've ever had was 23 mpg highway, 2wd V6, cruising at 80 mph. I'm guessing the roof rack fairing on my No Boundaries package doesn't help. Normally, around town I get about 19 mpg. Looks like you got some seriously good gas mileage. I could never do 70 on the interstate though :play:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to do 85 on the highway in my durango and I do tend to have a lead foot, I really can't stand to be passed. But I wanted to test out the 28 MPG claim the dealership made on the window sticker. I have the 2.3L I4auto with 2wd, I also took off the roof rack. The ride is a bit rough and the seats are pretty hard but 29 MPG makes up for it.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
25MPG on a 650 mile trip

V6, 4WD

driver + three passengers
1 large suitcase per person
average highway cruising speed of 70-75mph
also dealt with Chicago traffic
loose air intake (lol)

The window sticker says it's only good for 23...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm averaging 25 mpg. and I drive 125 miles a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts