Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a mint Escape or Mariner (must have leather and sunroof) I am interested in buying it. Prefer sub 100k miles, but the maintenance and condition are far more important than mileage.

Getting tired of checking out all the rust buckets for sale around me. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
261 Posts
The 05-08 Ford SUV hybrids are all about the same. It was Ford's testing vehicle to see how well they work and figure out design flaws for the next generation. I think they got it right the first time. They overengineered it. All hybrids use the high voltage battery (Escape 330v) to crank the engine. If the HV battery is too low of voltage, you have a no-crank and of course, a no-start. Ford had the for site to expect this to happen. So they install a secret button in the driver's side fuse box. Turn the key on, press the button, and the hybrid battery will charge from the 12v battery. Giving you enough power to start the engine. Important feature when you're being chased by zombies. Only the 05-08 series has the button. No other hybrid in the world has this button, and they're all zombie bait.

Another great feature with the first generation, is fresh air to cool the HV battery is drawn from outside the vehicle rather cabin air. Important if you pet or smoke.

My 05 Escape hybrid has 270,000 miles and running well. NYC taxis, and the Government were using the first generation hybrids for testing and no problems were reported.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 05-08 Ford SUV hybrids are all about the same. It was Ford's testing vehicle to see how well they work and figure out design flaws for the next generation. I think they got it right the first time. They overengineered it. All hybrids use the high voltage battery (Escape 330v) to crank the engine. If the HV battery is too low of voltage, you have a no-crank and of course, a no-start. Ford had the for site to expect this to happen. So they install a secret button in the driver's side fuse box. Turn the key on, press the button, and the hybrid battery will charge from the 12v battery. Giving you enough power to start the engine. Important feature when you're being chased by zombies. Only the 05-08 series has the button. No other hybrid in the world has this button, and they're all zombie bait.

Another great feature with the first generation, is fresh air to cool the HV battery is drawn from outside the vehicle rather cabin air. Important if you pet or smoke.

My 05 Escape hybrid has 270,000 miles and running well. NYC taxis, and the Government were using the first generation hybrids for testing and no problems were reported.

View attachment 2561
That really interesting info. Thanks. Isn't there some kind of battery life reduction after 270k miles?! I guess the question is also whether it ever drives on battery alone, or is it always battery with the gas engine working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts