Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 18 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

I'm looking for a picture or even part number for a Ford Escape rear sway bar. Doesnt matter what year it's from, but something closest to the 01-07 body would be best. Anyone got any hookups? Thanks!! :)

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, that's exactly where I would mount it, on the lower shock bolt. I sent Addco an email this morning asking if they could make a rear sway bar for our trucks, and they replied that they would either need an OEM bar or a picture of one.

Jpark, any idea if '07s and '08s came with one? As long as they have the basic design, they can then build off of it.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the picture, but like you said, not sure if it's going to help them too much, they need to see the middle area. I would design it exactly as you described, that's how my neuspeed rsb was setup and it worked great. It also had 3 holes in the bar itself so that you could adjust the endlink for soft/medium/stiff settings.

So I guess the only way to go about it is hope the '09s have a similar suspension setup to the 01-07s. But if that would be thecase, might as well just buy an OEM one...

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know. I actually asked Addco the same thing (if they wanted a picture), so i'll wait and see what their answer is.

So Japanese Escapes with rear sway bars. Where/How can I get one!?!? :woohoo:

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Putt said:
If your handy you could bend one up using electrical conduit and a conduit bender for a sample for them to work off of. You'd then have to fab the mounts or use some of their universal body/frame mounts with fabed end mounts.

PUTT :D :D :D
Oh, so you mean do all the leg work, submit the plans to them with dimensions and pictures so that they can produce it and turn around and sell me one? :hyst: Nah, if they want to make the profits, they can do all the work. lol. I dont mind taking the pictures, i'll let them design it.

When I first read your post, I thought you were about to suggest I make one out of conduit and use that as a sway bar :shock: :hyst: :hyst:

1 - 5 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.