Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2008 Escape and recently I have noticed when I accelerate or brake my drivers seat will move about 1/8 of an inch, but only happens every once in a while. I have looked under the seat and everything seems nice and tight. Has anyone else had this problem and if so were you able to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Whoa, sounds like an emergency/safety issue. Still under warranty? I'd bring it in. I feel like there might be a TSB on it too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it's still under warranty, just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue so I would have some idea what it could be since it does not happen all the time. Don't want them to say it's nothing when I know for sure it does happen. I have to take it in anyway since I also have a grunting noise when I accelerate and also have no idea why it's doing that, and it only starts grunting after about 10 min of driving. I'll let you know what I find out, thanks for the reply.

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have that same problem and have always got the same answer "no problem found at this time." My car is at the dealer right now because I am at the edge of the warranty expiring and still have many concerns:
1) car has died twice after driving for about 3 miles while sitting at a traffic light
2) car hesitates and feels like it dies especially in left turns
3) gurgling sound on passenger floor when temp is over 69
4) ticking sound in engine
5) trouble finding the correct gear from a stop I hit gas and car don't want to go
6) rough idle in the morning (not only when cold out)
7) steering wheel squeaks

I am VERY fed up with Ford because I have been complaining for two years and now my warranty is up and I feel screwed. The problems have been there BEFORE the warranty expired so I feel they need to find the problems and correct them.

I purchased the premium extended warranty but was told squeaks and rattles are not covered. So basically I feel like they just blew me off until my warranty expired, now they can say warranty is expired but we can fix it for a thousand dollars.

I cannot live with the gurgle sound, If they cannot fix it this time I have no choice but to give up the lemon. :cry:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Matt73 said:
Hi all,
I have a 2008 Escape and recently I have noticed when I accelerate or brake my drivers seat will move about 1/8 of an inch, but only happens every once in a while. I have looked under the seat and everything seems nice and tight. Has anyone else had this problem and if so were you able to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Matt,

My '09 Escape had the exact same problem. The dealer used Chassis Ears to locate the source of the clunk. They found it was in the seat track assembly. They ordered a new assembly, replaced it, and I haven't heard or felt the noise since. It was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am VERY fed up with Ford because I have been complaining for two years and now my warranty is up and I feel screwed. The problems have been there BEFORE the warranty expired so I feel they need to find the problems and correct them.
Most cars has some small issues, but I wouldn't say it was all Ford fault in as much as it was your dealer for not correcting the issues. People tend to forget that the dealers are independently owner and have no real connection with the automaker besides a contract to sell and service.
Try another dealer in your area for better service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks I have my car at a different dealer now and last I heard it was totally torn apart and they were replacing part by part trying to figure out the problem.

I am mostly upset with Ford's ONLINE customer service. They do nothing but give you the run around and blow smoke up your A**. If I see an email from Marites one more time,@^#@#$^@$. She does NOT answer questions, she just cuts and paste bullsh** comments in hopes you will go away.

Keep your fingers crossed, Joe Rizza Ford in Orland Park will fix my car, otherwise I think I will have to sell the lemon as it is driving ME insane.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, so a quick update. Took my Escape to the dealer and it was the seat track that was messed up, they replaced it and now it is perfect. Thanks for all the info you gave me.

Now another question. Anyone ever have a problem with a noise (sounds like a click, or loose hatch rattle) coming from the rear window or tailgate? I have checked everything and pulled and wiggled all parts and can't find the noise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts