Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ok im in aus and having real problems finding any one here that lowers them
i have been told i can get custom springs made but thats a massive pain in the arse

so to any of u that have lowered what brand and how low.

thanks heaps

[mod]Moved to Exterior Mods.[/mod]

·
Registered
293 Posts
Not sure how low you are wanting to go, but I know Eibach had a 1" lowering spring that can be purchased through Tirerack.com.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm yeah ill look in to both of those but they only go 30mm

i want 60mm roughtly

custom it may have to be

cheers

·
Registered
293 Posts
escapedtroy said:

i want 60mm roughtly

custom it may have to be

cheers
Well unless they are progressively wound, you coud actually cut a coil off, not sure how much more of a drop that would give you, and you may suffer ride quality a little. Do I recommend it. NO. But you could if you wanted to.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Jeff M said:
escapedtroy said:

i want 60mm roughtly

custom it may have to be

cheers
Well unless they are progressively wound, you coud actually cut a coil off, not sure how much more of a drop that would give you, and you may suffer ride quality a little. Do I recommend it. NO. But you could if you wanted to.
old school drop!! havnt done one of those in years!!. a good cut off wheel, a measuring tape, and a bench grinder to flatten the end and your good to go. i wouldnt suggest it either but hey its yours!! and well, i wouldnt mind seeing a super dropped escape.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah not really looking for the old backyard job lol did that years ago and hell it was a bumpy ride but the best way to ride in a locked diff rwd lol

yeah custom looks the way to go me thinking

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lowering that much will cause you some severe alignment problems, especially in the rear.
There are ecentric kits to help with the front and I did chase down some adjustable control arms for the rear when I was considering lowering mine but they were quite expensive.
You could just do the 2" drop and suffer the handling and excessive tire wear issues if your just planning on making it a w/e show rider. As a daily driving, if you want it right I think you'd need to do it all with the adjustable bits to get the alignment back in spec.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sprinterx how much were the eccentric bolt kits u found and the adjustable control arms?

im thinking 2inch may be all i can go now, so its either that and do what u suggested or shudder the thought but bag it.
its lucky to get driven twice a week at the moment so im not sure what ill do

thanks sprinterx any info would be great

·
Registered
122 Posts
escapedtroy said:
sprinterx how much were the eccentric bolt kits u found and the adjustable control arms?

im thinking 2inch may be all i can go now, so its either that and do what u suggested or shudder the thought but bag it.
its lucky to get driven twice a week at the moment so im not sure what ill do

thanks sprinterx any info would be great
It was quite some time ago when I was researching this info and I'm at work right now. I googled it up and found the following for you.

front kit http://www.spcalignment.com/PROD_DIR/SPC_PROD_SEARCH_DYN.cfm?cmd=Cam&cmd2=81250&cmd3=
retail = $41.97

Rear control arms http://www.spcalignment.com/PROD_DIR/SPC_PROD_SEARCH_DYN.cfm?cmd=Cam&cmd2=67280&cmd3=
retail = $213.97

The lady I spoke with at Specialty Products (800-525-6505) said you can buy them much cheaper thru their distributors like AutoZone, Parts Plus, Les Schwab, etc.

Hope that helps.

Kirk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers for the look and hook up woudl be great but im in aus lol but u have given me the right info for me to go and chase
thanks heaps

cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fran_Tribute said:
Hey I just bought the rear control arms, haven't installed them yet but I got them from ebay (total: $250.00) hope they really work ! Pics coming soon and I'll let u know how they work.
How about a link? :peace:

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fran_Tribute said:
SprinterX said:
Fran_Tribute said:
Hey I just bought the rear control arms, haven't installed them yet but I got them from ebay (total: $250.00) hope they really work ! Pics coming soon and I'll let u know how they work.
How about a link? :peace:
Here u go bro!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Thanx, you do realise that's only for one arm, you need two.

Did some further searching myself and came up with these. Your gonna be pissed :cuss: , sorry.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

This guy lists one for the R/H and the L/H so you need to go to his store.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Jeff M said:
SprinterX said:
Did some further searching myself and came up with these. Your gonna be pissed :cuss: , sorry.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

This guy lists one for the R/H and the L/H so you need to go to his store.
That one is a stock Upper control arm, and is not as adjustable as the previous mentioned SPC unit.
Ahhh, I didn't realise that. Just saw it was adjustable. Thanx. :peace:

·
Registered
48 Posts
No prob I just wanted u to see that it could be found at ebay.
That specific one isn't the one I bought.
The one I bought its right by my side (it took a month ½ but it did arrive, and both right and left arms), I'm just waiting to buy the KYB shocks so then I can install all of it at the same time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts