Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS THIS A GOOD PRODUCT?

I HAVE AN '03 MAZDA TRIBUTE AND THE TRANSMISSION LAGS WHEN SHIFTING BETWEEN 1ST AND 2ND GEARS.

IVE GOTTEN 2 DIFFERENT ANSWERS ON THIS ALSO...MY QUESTION IS, DO I ADD IT WHERE I WOULD DO AN OIL CHANGE, OR WHERE THE TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK IS? (I KNOW IT SOUNDS SILLY I JUST WANT TO BE SURE.)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Now I have never used this stuff but I've seen it and looked at the bottle (I luv LUCAS OILS) Now if your going for the tranny fix, add it to the transmission go through the transmission dipstick hole. I think its one bottle to the tranny and top off with ATF.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
It's good stuff. I used it a while back on 1996 Chevy Lumina the transmission was running rough. It was slipping a little once in awhile. Once I put the Lucas oil in, the car ran better. It was also alot smother I was able to sell the car for a good price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Before adding snake oil products (which are sometimes useful if used knowledgeably) you should confirm that the trans fluid is in good condition. If it is the least bit discolored or if it hasn't been changed in a long while, change it first. You may not need the additive, and if you do, it works better with good fluid.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Recently i put about 10oz in mine to see if it would help ltl'red's usuall lagging in gear and it helped a little...BUT i filled it a little too much and it came out the dipstick:(
wht a mess...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts