Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i did a bunch of research before I purchased an intake for my 02 escape. As far as build quality and R&D behind the product I decided to go with MAC. There intake is SS piping, comes with all the needed hardware and a nice (big) filter. I received the intake in the time frame they said it would come in (cost shipped 150$) However Ive had a few problems. The filter it came with is NOT the one advertised, its about HALF the size. And the kit is missing a bolt. I have e-mailed them twice and have yet to hear from them. I will update this once I get an answer. And again once I install it !

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I had the same problem with Westin and they flat out denied me any help once I talked to them on the phone..I don't recommend them as far as costumer service, but the quality is good and fairly priced for the products.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I called MAC and they were very willing to talk to me about it. Explained the whole filter situation and told me they would send a whole new set of feet and bolts instead of just replacing the one bolt i was missing. So far im happy with how they handled it . . . but i dont have the replacement parts just yet :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the replacement parts in good time, no problem there. However tried to install it today and the filter they sent that they swore up and down was the right one wont fit in the damn engine bay! . . . now im pissed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill grab some pics later today with the current filter i put on to make it work, and along with the filter they included that doesnt fit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE : Manny at MAC called me back today and said that he hunted all over the warehouse and finally found me one of the oval shaped filters they used to supply with the kit. He said he had not yet heard of a circular filter not fitting on an 02' but hes not surprised bc Ford has a tendency to drop components from other years into different model years if they need to and it can account for a move of 1-2" either way (which is what i was off by). Anyway he is overnighting the filter to me at no charge.

Overall Review - Good build quality, great customer service, slightly poor attention to detail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts