Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
After doing a bit of research, I'm pretty sure the mach 300 system already has components in the front and a stock subwoofer as well as the cd changer.
I'm sure someone else can verify this, as mine was just a basic stock stereo.

As for sound, I'm sure its decent, still a factory setup though, If you upgrade, you will definitely hear a difference.

If you plan on adding a larger subwoofer and amp, I would say the best way to go would be to upgrade the headunit first, This would be the easiest way.
I'm not even sure how to add a sub to a factory cd player.

What are your plans for the audio system? We might be able to help you out a little better with some more info.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jordan31 said:
After doing a bit of research, I'm pretty sure the mach 300 system already has components in the front and a stock subwoofer as well as the cd changer.
I'm sure someone else can verify this, as mine was just a basic stock stereo.

As for sound, I'm sure its decent, still a factory setup though, If you upgrade, you will definitely hear a difference.

If you plan on adding a larger subwoofer and amp, I would say the best way to go would be to upgrade the headunit first, This would be the easiest way.
I'm not even sure how to add a sub to a factory cd player.

What are your plans for the audio system? We might be able to help you out a little better with some more info.
I assume you mean the 320 watt 7 speaker system? If so, I am pleased with the sound. Nothing too much but my 14 year old says it is "ok" so I guess that is a green light from a teenager.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure yet i still have to by. I was given a sub and an amp from someone but i was told it was junk. It is a pyramid 2000 watt amp and two dual 12" subs in an enclosed box. They have never been used, but i already have them so would just have to pay for installation. Would it be better to just get a new amp and new sub.......Money isn't an issue I don't mind saving my money to get something better if it's more expensive i just want to have a really good sounding system....thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
05escapeny said:
i just want to have a really good sounding system....
I can list off prices of my setup, I'm 21, if your close to the same age as me you might have similar opinions about sound quality. Anyways this is what I would call a really good setup, and is nowhere close to the most expensive stuff.

Alpine cda-9886 headunit, this is the only thing that I went for the best ... $290 ish CDN
Kaption 5 1/4 components in the front....................................................$150 CDN
Kaption 5x7 rear speakers.....................................................................$150 CDN
Kaption 300W x 2, 2 channel amp.....price is estimated, I cant remember.....$300 ish CDN
2 MTX Xthunder 12" subwoofers.....same sub as 4500 series different name...$150 CDN, was a 2 for 1 deal 250w rms, 750w max each
MTX Xthunder mono amp 1500w .........................................................$400 CDN 500w rms, 1500w max

I didnt go for the loudest subs ever, they are plenty loud enough to vibrate body panels, fuzz mirrors, and well, hurt your ears.
If you are looking for a cheaper head unit, if you decide you are going to get one, Pioneer in my opinion sounds the best for the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts