Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have 3.0l 2002 escape have nothing but problems but now a new one. Me and wife went for a drive today ran around town with no issues stopped to get a drink and car died trying to start again. Had just started it 10 minutes prior no issues no idiot light nothing so tried to jump didn't work replaced battery to get to shop and won't turn over. Starts to crank and power dies nothing from starter never has chance to turn over. What can be wrong now. Could be alternator but should still start up. Fuel reset is fine do I need to reset ecu or anything before having towed again. I hate this car pretty quickly has had alot inspected and replaced by ford just has become a money pit so any help would be great. It has a shot ac compressor but that is only current issues till this

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Papertiger00 said:
Hello I have 3.0l 2002 escape have nothing but problems but now a new one. Me and wife went for a drive today ran around town with no issues stopped to get a drink and car died trying to start again. Had just started it 10 minutes prior no issues no idiot light nothing so tried to jump didn't work replaced battery to get to shop and won't turn over. Starts to crank and power dies nothing from starter never has chance to turn over. What can be wrong now. Could be alternator but should still start up. Fuel reset is fine do I need to reset ecu or anything before having towed again. I hate this car pretty quickly has had alot inspected and replaced by ford just has become a money pit so any help would be great. It has a shot ac compressor but that is only current issues till this
Bad alternator could be preventing a battery recharge. That, in turn, would give you a drained battery. A drained battery won't do much for the starter.

Jump the car first and let it run for 10-15 minutes. If it doesn't jump after trying for ten minutes, I would say the starter is shot because your interior electronics should be working just fine. If not, then it's a different issue.

If you turn the key to accessory and nothing works (radio, lights, etc.), I would stand by the starter.

If it fires up after a few minutes of waiting to chage, I say the alternator probably needs to be inspected and/or replaced.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Any word????? Inspect your fuses under the hood and in the cab :shrug:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
oskerb said:
Any word????? Inspect your fuses under the hood and in the cab :shrug:
I guess our friend's problem has been resolved.It was posted twice under the same thread tittle.
Eventually the culprit was the serpentine belt which was not turning due to a seized AC compressor clutch.At least that is what I read a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
O :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts