Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man Shoots TV Over Converter Confusion

Missouri man angered about losing cable and being unable to get new converter box to work

OK, so the DTV transition hasn't been perfect.

While the early analog-cutoff of 421 TV stations on Feb. 17 has gone relative smoothly according to most reports, that was not the case of at least one Missouri man, according to KARE-TV Minneapolis-ST. Paul.

The station reports that a 70-year-old Joplin man was arrested and charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm after shooting his TV set. Responding to a report of shots being fired, the station reported, the police found the man angry that he had both lost his cable and had been unable to get his new DTV converter box to work.

According to the man's wife, he had been drinking. :beer:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ar...s_TV_Over_Converter_Confusion.php?rssid=20065

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
:hyst:

I heard the story of one cable tech who was threatened off a farm at gunpoint after trying to collect a cable receiver box from the resident who had cancelled service. He told the tech department to disconnect his signal, and when the resident called in to complain, gave him a story that "diagnosis" revealed that his receiver box was faulty. They asked him to mail it in for a replacement.

The cable company got the receiver box back, and the resident had to pay postage to ship it. No replacement was dispatched to the resident. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
cbramsey said:
According to the man's wife, he had been drinking.
Noooo... I don't believe it... A drunk guy, a gun and a newsworthy event? How often does that happen? :doh:

I guess it was bound to happen... and I'm sure it won't be that last time. :roll:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
ive thought about doing that to a few vehicles ive worked on lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts