Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I thought I made a post on this before but I cannot find it. I have an 02 Escape w/ 3.0 4wd. There is an 01 escape w/ 2.0 for sale that has a manual trans in it. The 4 cyl uses the Mazda Manual Transmission G5P0 and I believe it will bolt up to the 3.0. Having an entire parts car would be extremely beneficial but for obvious reasons the computers will be different. I know I cannot just swap computers so I'd need a custom tune I assume? Has anyone done this swap successfully before?

Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
It wouldn't work for a couple reasons. The four cylinders transmission differ from the v6's- the starter location is not the same and that where you will hit an issue. The manual transmission is a pos. It's a Mazda G5M- which the V6 would most likely destroy the trans as it's only rates for around 150hp/tq. It's a sloppy, clunky transmission.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wouldn't work for a couple reasons. The four cylinders transmission differ from the v6's- the starter location is not the same and that where you will hit an issue. The manual transmission is a pos. It's a Mazda G5M- which the V6 would most likely destroy the trans as it's only rates for around 150hp/tq. It's a sloppy, clunky transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts