Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am not a huge modder, but I did add a couple things that I think are functional. I did the map lights and middle dome in LED.

Then I added some more 12V action. In the future I am trying to make it cleaner, maybe a hard wire or something..... I think I really only did it for the Blue LED...... :yes:

·
Registered
311 Posts
resq, I think this is a great mod!! Did you just do the overhead map lights? Or did you replace the center and rear incandescent bulbs as well? Where did you find them from? I guess I'm not "that" into hello kitty, but looks great!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SilverAthlon said:
resq, I think this is a great mod!! Did you just do the overhead map lights? Or did you replace the center and rear incandescent bulbs as well? Where did you find them from? I guess I'm not "that" into hello kitty, but looks great!!
Thanks! I got the idea from the guys on here that had done it. I replaced the map lights and dome light with LEDs from vleds.com. The rear (cargo) was not done yet as it is a different style of bulb than the dome, and I had ordered the wrong one. Check the LED thread as I believe that you will find tons of info there. Sparten II did an overhaul on his cargo light and Weezy looks to have a lead on a cargo LED that fits straight in. (hint, hint Weezy!)

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=451

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i have a similar splitter i found it works pretty good stuck the the passenger side of the center console. its out of the way, but your right about hard wiring it cause it would look neater.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CrashNburn said:
i have a similar splitter i found it works pretty good stuck the the passenger side of the center console. its out of the way, but your right about hard wiring it cause it would look neater.
I miss my 12V access already in the console I had in the Mustang, but if I get this hardwired, I can stick it just about anywhere within reach. I used to not use the center console as I kept my Glock there and felt better with it in there without a bunch of junk. A couple of my places of employment have no weapons policy on the property and since I am not LEO, it really doesn't make much sense for me to have it in the car much anymore, especially since I am parked there a majority of the time. The good news is it frees up the console for more "junk". :D

A friend of mine is going to put in my Gentex mirror, my Ipod connector for the factory HU (putting it back in over the Clarion), a few LEDs under the dash (hopefully connected to the dome light fuse) and hardwiring the 12V and GPS. Hopefully we can get it all done this weekend. If it works out, I'll post pics. Probably the only mods I'll do before winter hits....... but ya never know ;).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts