12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hot here. Pool time!

Marco!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
POLO!

I just got done washing the truck. I'm heading for the pool ASAP!

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
No pool here.... :bill:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've been spending plenty of time in the pool and of course my Escape make lots of beautiful cold air!
Does anyone else get a hissing like there's a leaky tire when they shut down after using the air? Mostly around the front passenger side wheel but it doesn't seem to affect anything so I'm not too concerned.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Uhuh.. well....it's umm...about 7deg Celsius here...near as dammit to 44deg F. A bit cool for the pool... :)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hi Christophera!.
Too cold, for swimming over here also. :frozen:
A heated spa, or heated swimming pool would be nice. :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
christophera said:
Uhuh.. well....it's umm...about 7deg Celsius here...near as dammit to 44deg F. A bit cool for the pool... :)
Still not bad compared to what Canada is like in the 3rd week of winter, I expect, I would need to put a minus in front of that.
I do agree that it's a little cool for pool weather but I've seen people crazy enough to try it. :frozen:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
rehctelf said:
I've been spending plenty of time in the pool and of course my Escape make lots of beautiful cold air!
Does anyone else get a hissing like there's a leaky tire when they shut down after using the air? Mostly around the front passenger side wheel but it doesn't seem to affect anything so I'm not too concerned.
My Mariner does the same thing when I shut it off. But the air is nice and cold.
The water in my pool is pretty warm, since it's been really hot. It was 103 degrees yesterday. It was 100 degrees today. But it's nice to come home from work and go to the pool.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Probably the A/C unit depressurizing through the expansion valve. It's in front of the air conditioner box under the hood. My old F-150 (1985) used to groan :worry: till that was replaced, then it too sort of hissed. :yes:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I've heard that hissing from other vehicles; now that it's been mentioned I'm sure we'll hear it from the escape.
(Why "Marco"?? When I was a kid I had a dog named Marco, black lab, great memories!)

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Never heard of the game "Marco Polo"?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
POLO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
weebee said:
Never heard of the game "Marco Polo"?
Well, now I have!! Culturally deprived I guess!

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Well, now I have!! Culturally deprived I guess![/quote]
Well, now you know :D MARCO!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts