Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had the idea of changing my gauges and dash bezel in my 01 escape and putting one out of a 01 Mariner think it would work or the wiring different? also gimme opinions on how it would look

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Mariner wasn't introduced until 2005 and that the 2005-2007 models of E/M/Ts have very different electronics from the older models. Maybe the 01 Tribute cluster would work.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Just make sure the clusters have the same # of displays and you should be set.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Brandon01escape said:
So i had the idea of changing my gauges and dash bezel in my 01 escape and putting one out of a 01 Mariner think it would work or the wiring different? also gimme opinions on how it would look
If it will fit, I think it would look great! And yes, the Mariners debuted in 2005..the year I got mine! :D

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I seem to recall JPark stating that the clusters on 2001/3 had different electrical connectors to later ones on a previous thread on here (think it was about scooterscotts cluster).

He is the man to assist, maybe you could pm JPark

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was just a thought i really like the dash cluster in the mariner's more than escapes and tributes have a completely different dash if im not mistakin? at least from the ones that i have seen......oh yeah spray tint really works wonders on the lights my escape looks like a total different vehicle i got the windows tinted and i tinted the tail lights looks awesome ill have to get the pics up but im new to this site so yeah lol :woohoo:

·
Registered
151 Posts
that would be interesting. the mariner's gauge is hot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes they are....they look very very "street" like you kno what i mean...i think it would set off the interior really well

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The only other gauge cluster that will fit in a 2001 Escape is a 2001-2002 Tribute cluster. The 2003-2004 models had slight changes. You could swap the gauge face sheet with any 2001-2004 Tribute as well.

2005-2007 clusters were 100% different electrically (one connector instead of three), and if you look closely, you'll see differences in the gauges as well (very slight, but very different). Needle sweeps, readings, and inner mechanicals are different. The Mariner wasn't released until the 2005 model year, so any swaps with 2001-2004 Escapes or Tributes would not work.

And it goes without saying that the 2008 and newer clusters are out of the question.

:D

camusdarrach said:
I seem to recall JPark stating that the clusters on 2001/3 had different electrical connectors to later ones on a previous thread on here (think it was about scooterscotts cluster).

He is the man to assist, maybe you could pm JPark
:doh:

I'm fresh out of checks now...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the FYI's guys.....i did mean a 05 mariner not 01 lol :doh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts