Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I became pretty dependent on clicking the "Mark All Forums Read" link/ button when I finished catching up the most recent posts to separate what I've read from what I haven't. I can't seem to find the feature here on "E-C." Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Not sure if we have that feature or not. JP, do we have it? Can we get it if we don't? BTW, what does it do exactly? :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooops, the button is called MARL ALL FORUMS READ. My bad.

It's hard to explain without screen shots so here it goes. After clicking the NEW POSTS link, my page would look like this with the little blue/ yellow markers in front of the thread titles alerting me to which threads had new posts since my last visit.

After reading all of the new post, one could scroll to the bottom of the page and there was the MARK ALL FORUMS READ link/ button.

I would then click that button to mark all of the forums read. Then, the next time I visited and hit the NEW POSTS link, I would get a list of the most recent posts with only blue/ yellow markers in front of the thread title if it had activity since my last visit.

In the case of these screen shots, there had been activity in one thread since my last visit, showing up with the blue/ yellow marker in the first screen shot. After hitting the MARK ALL FORUMS READ, the NEW POSTS link remembers what I've already read and prevents me from going through old posts.

It doesn't seem like a big deal in these screen shots since there was only one new post, but I find it helpful.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
When I used to hang out at the old joint, I didn't use that feature and was able to just go to "New Posts" and pull up all of the threads with activity.

This forum uses color coding and squiggly, moving sort of images to show activity. Maybe you need to give it a couple of days to get used to it. You don't want to miss any of the witty comments and wise sayings that occur on a daily basis. (not by me...usually by JP)... :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I don't have any witty comments or wise sayings.

I have wise comments and witty sayings.

:bill:

Oh, and we have a Mark Forums Read button on the upper-right side of the forum list. Just go to Board Index, then look at the top to the right.

You should also see a Mark Topics Read button on the upper-right side of the topic list.

:D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
jpark said:
I don't have any witty comments or wise sayings.

I have wise comments and witty sayings.

:D
I'm always getting that mixed up...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Me too. It depends on what kind of day I'm having.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
You mean whether its wise or witty? Or was that north/south - east/west...I can't remember...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I need a drink.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hic... :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts