Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jumped in the Maverick today to do a bit of shopping, what a mistake..
Firstly, used the rear wash wipe to clear the back window, instead of the water hitting the rear window, it :censor: soaked my right foot, not impressed, on further inspection the pipe in the footwell had somehow been chewed through, the culprit ( Odie) has kept his distance since...... :bang: :bang:
Fixed that, then noticed that the cruise control no longer works, but nothing apparently wrong, all cables in place, fuse intact etc :cuss: :wall:
Then, I've noticed a hissing sound coming from the brake pedal area, and the car's now idling roughly, so I suppose the brake Servo is now on it's way out :censor: :cuss: :wall: :wall: :doh:
My local Ford dealer has quoted £300.00 for the servo, and a further £150.00 to install it!! :censor: :cuss:
Ever wish you'd never got out of bed???
Question, does any Ford servo fit, or does it have to be a Maverick specific part, as a Ford Transit servo is about £250.00 cheaper???

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
This may be a stupid question...but what is a servo?

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
It's short for servomechanism

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
And that is?????

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scooter Scott said:
I believe that you Americans refer to the servo as a brake booster.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Yup I know what that is!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Big Chris said:
A servo is usually an item the takes a small input and increases the output. Like an amplifier for s**t that moves.
Well explained BC! :clap:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Yes, BC, good explaination...or a servomotor.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big Chris said:
A servo is usually an item the takes a small input and increases the output. Like an amplifier for s**t that moves.
Hey, BigChris, were you listening in to what I was calling my car, you've almost got word for word!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts