Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised there aren't any local meets for us ETM owners coordinated here on the site. I used to own a Honda Element, and a MINI Cooper S, and both of the big sites for these vehicles always had local and national meets going on. It was allot of fun, and it was great to meet some of the people behind the screen names.

Anything like this happen here on EC? I know since we all have a very common vehicle out there, and with the Cooper's and Element's it was a different thing I'm assuming since they are more niche type vehicles making it easier to do this type of thing.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Not as easy as it sounds. There have been a few attempts at getting people together but none of them actually happened.

megascape said:
I think there is an east coast meet planed or in planning.
You are thinking of this thread: 2010 MEET

This meet up came close to happening. The organizer is still looking for places in OH that have light trails. Nothing is finalized just yet...

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Well, if anyone is within realistic distance of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, I will gladly make my own road trip to meet other members...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've been looking at the drivers in other Escapes, and I'd have to say the majority of that demographic, at least in my area, seem to be people that care very little about their vehicle the way we do here. The kind of people who are not going to get on the internet to look up the vehicle, talk about it, or even take any extra pride in owning it. It gets them from point A to B it seems. That however is just my personal opinion, most Escapes I see have absolutely no personalization, and some are even in very sad condition.

If there was anything local, I'd be up to go. If I think the planned attempt at a rally in Ohio will pan out I may try for it, but it's right at that distance I'm not sure if I want to go that far for something so up in the air.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Our "other car" forum, when it had 3,000 or so members, had a regional thread structure (in addition to all the common topics); this makes it really easy to find and meet people that are within 1hr, 3hrs or whatever distance you like. Some meets of well over 100 owners took place, as well as a cross-country charity relay.

Now the forum has >7,000 members and the regional meets are still happening. We get to pubs, cruise nights, winery tours, mini-cruises, and bbq parties. Cruising and rallying are not mandatory features. Those that travel farther quite often look up and join in the forum events where they are visiting.

At some stage ec could have regional threads, provided there are enough moderators and active members. Meanwhile, it just takes someone to say "let's meet at _ for a tour of _ and a meal at_" Those that can make it, sign up in the event thread. It will start small. If 2-5 members get together next month, then go home and post pics, then next time there will be 10-15 etc.

Who would be interested in a visit to a winery in Ontario - Niagara region, sometime in the fall?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
TranceZ said:
I'm from white Bear Lake, MN not too far from you tang
wewt! I wonder how hard you are to spot... silver Escape with HIDs...

We should meet in the middle sometime.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Thanks for the links, ajc. I just spent a half hour watching those youtube videos. I never knew they had anything like that in eastern MASS. I live in NH just across the border from Lowell, but I'm down in the Braintree/Weymouth area a lot because my daughter lives there. Too much mud there for me to drag wifey's Limited, but it was fun watching!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Im going to NH for the weekend, Lake Winnipesaukee. Towing my small sailboat to the lake tomorrow. We have a wedding on Saturday, but Sunday and Monday are all mine! Anyways...

Copicut reservation is pretty dry now. most of the mud is from the spring time snow melt and rain. Ill go over there this week to see what its like. It has to be bone dry right now. If we do it in October it should be safe to drive with no mud puddles. just some cool trails. with the ocasional jeep or dirt bike. We could meet in Providence, RI for some lunch and make a statement by parking in a busy parking lot to draw some attention. Then head over to the Freetown State Forest/Copicut Reservation. There is some pretty cool terrain that our Escape 4x4 and 4x2's should be able to handle pretty easily. :wave: We could even park the Escapes that don't want to go onto the trails and people could jump in the other Escapes that want to go on the trails.

Then maybe we could do a cook-out or as you call it in the rest of the USA a BBQ, to finish off the day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts