Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled off my RainX wiper on the drivers side and replaced it with the Michelin Radius wiper.
I tried the Rainx wiper on the drivers side during this winter and found the Michelin radius was slightly better. Will pull the RainX wiper on the passenger side off at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I have the Rain X wipers, not bad I think. At little pricey but a lot better than other NON RADIUS wipers. How much are the Michelin?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Michelin Radius were $5 cheaper than the RainX wipers at my local Walmart.

·
Registered
105 Posts
US MARINER 1 said:
I got the Bosch evolution, and they are great. I love them great in snow or rain.
i have bosch ones aswell although, the place i bought them from state that i needed 19" wiper, fit them and i get a lot of scratching noises from the wipers, fit 20" and there fine. .... no noise.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't like those 1 peice wiper blades. Perhaps they've worked great where you live, but for me, they were junk. Lifted off the glass in turbulent conditions, would get salt/mud/debris stuck between the blade and the glass ans smear like crazy.

I've stuck with the classic metal wipers for both summer and winter, with great success. The best way for people that want the reflex type wiper blades like the ones you got, is to use washer fluid WITHOUT teflon. I say this, because a lot of people make the mistake of buying Teflon coated or tippe blades AND teflon based washer fluid. This is a bad idea, as the teflon in each will counteract the other, almost like there is grease on your windsheild, and make them useless.

Let us know though how those ones you got work out after having them for a while...I don't recall hearing of those before...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts