Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to mid-ohio superbike races this past weekend and it was a blast. we left friday morning round 8 am with 3 bikes a truck and camper and a bunch of food, beer and camping supplies. there were 5 of us, i rode the shadow and the other 2 bikes where harleys, another guy and his girlfriend came down saturday.

i had never been to bike races but had been to mid-ohio for an irl race. all i can say is that there were 1000's of bikes and even more people. i took a few pics with my phone (forgot the camera). we seen a guy wipe out at high speed going into a turn, he slid prolly 50 yards and the bike tumbled end over end and rolled, he got up and sprinted to his bike and got it up and started and rode it back to the pits. man, his helmet smacked the pavement hard, but he had no major injuries, the bike had only slight handlebar damage. those racers got some guts, way to dangerous for me. we had to ride in the rain for a little bit comn home sunday, but it was well worth it.

the campsite

our seats at grandstand 2-b

good seats at "thunder alley" fromn the infield settin under a nice shady area

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I had two friends that raced when we were out of high school. One was sponsored by Honda and one was injured. I went once to the races and it just wasn't my type of road racing. I've akways been into short course off-road..
Amazing how loud those bikes are from the distance of the seats and parking lots. Glad you had fun.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I've always wanted to go to those races. I used to watch them religiously on the SPEED channel (when it was good). It's a shame I can't find them on TV anymore. I still can't believe people are able to go that fast on two wheels. I was always amazed to see these guys power slide into turns... Thanks for the pics and glad you had fun :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.