Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

Well the deal on the 09 Escape I bought fell through. I ended up having undisclosed accident damage. I got my deposit back and am off to put a deposit on a new 2010.

My question is... How many km's are people getting on a tank of gas in their Escape?

I'm looking at the 3.0 with 4X4.

Thanks all :)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello Onefastbike!.
I have an 06 Escape, with the mazda 2.3L four pot engine.
My low fuel level warning light, came on at about 625 kilometres.
It was nerve wracking, because i did not want to run tank dry.

I am paranoid about empty tank sediment, clogging up the petrol filter.
Also had no desire, for muck getting into fuel pump.
Have no idea, if my escape tank is capable of 640 kms.
So i decided to experiment, with another 7 kilometers.

So i turned around, and drove to a petrol servo, that was on a downhill gradient.
When i arrived at fuel pumps, the odometer indicated 632 kms, with the low fuel level light on.
Have no idea what my actual, tank mileage limit is.
But i can get to 600 kms +, but then the fuel low level light comes on immediately.
It does not go off, but stays on as a warning.

Sorry if this is not much help.
Just thought i would submit, the Mazda 2.3L four cylinder as a comparison.
I have no clue as to what the tank limit is, for those who drive six cylinder escapes.
Forgot to mention, my gearbox is an auto transmission.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have an 06' 3.0 that gets a little over 600km to a tank on longer trips and in warmer weather.
If you do short trips in winter and the engine doesn't warm up properly it can be as low as 400-450kms.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My last tank (2010 V6 4WD) I got 461 km. I am not even at 2000km on the odomiter yet and this is the dead of winter up here so this is likely as bad as it gets. Also, this was basically 100% city driving.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. :)

Looks like worse mileage than my Focus but better than my Hemi Ram.. lol

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
All my driving is highway, from Olympia to Seattle (61 miles one way). I'm getting about 28 miles to the gallon. Better than what I had with my chevy pickup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.