Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped by my local ford dealer to look for the molded Mud flaps for my 2010 escape. Was told I could get back mud flaps, but could not get front mud flaps due to my runners, Anyone know if this is true and if so, are there any alternatives?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds true. Thery weren't out yet when I bought mine, but have seen pics of them somewhere (this board or green hybrid) and if I recall they will just fit the fender.

I have flat one's on my front from Ford, click my pic page to see.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
So far, this is true. The front Ford factory (accessory) splash guards for 2008-2010 models will only fit models without the factory integrated step bars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. Bummer. I really didn't even want the runners but they cam with my car when I bought it used. Oh well. Looks like I'll have to put non molded flaps on. Anything do keep my car cleaner while this snow melts. Appreciate the feedback.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
And the part numbers:

8L8Z-16A550-AC - 2008-2012 Front ($36.51/set)
8L8Z-16A550-BA - 2008-2012 Rear ($36.51/set)

Front:

Rear:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I would say your running boards are probably providing just as much protection as the mud guards would -- or close to it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought the molded ones may provide a little better protection considering the inside lip. With the flat flexible mud falps, I would agree.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You can get the flat flaps at WM for a couple bucks. Go to the Pickup section of the off the shelf parts and they are like $2.99 per pair. I have a friend that puts them on his Mustang Bullitt with the wider rear wheels using giant paper clasps. The clasps are found in the office supplies and are black in color and have chrome handles. Clip them on when you need them, and unclip them when you want them off. I should probably get some for our Bullitt... :yes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Due to the smooth Mariner ones, wondering if the fronts are different or not. Anyone know? Eyeballing both looks like they should work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts