Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so in the older Escapes with moonroofs, there used to be a shield that popped up for when the moonroof was completely open. I have a 2009 and there is no shield, so I usually go deaf from turbulence if I open the moonroof all the way back while driving on the highway. Does anyone think that is odd? I liked the shield, and found it useful... if possible, I'll have to go find an older Escape and steal that mechanism!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes, the pop-up wind deflector disappeared in 2008. In my mom's 2009, she has to open a rear window a couple of inches to eliminate the wind buffeting in the cabin.

I don't know if you could install a pop-up deflector from a previous year, but you could get an aftermarket deflector that mounts on the roof just ahead of the opening.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an option, but I'm not really a fan of how it looks... :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
The last couple cars I have had with a sunroof have had a built in deflector like that that comes up when you open it. It's never all that substantial looking, doesnt look like much, but it sure makes a difference. I dont even bother opening the roof all the way in the escape cause of that.

With the aftermarket deflectors....do they even make one that works for the sat equipped escapes? The Ford one supposedly doesnt fit. I dont know why they had to put the sat antenna right there in the way. Especially for me and the other people that dont care about and dont subscribe to sat radio.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I'm not mistaken, the deflector is supported by a few springs and supporting metal pieces. I'm going to look around a few junkyards to see if there are any old Ford Escapes laying around and see if I can steal the deflector mechanism and put it onto a 2008+ model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts