Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to get as much done as I can before winter comes! :frozen:

I must say I was squirming a little bit while drilling holes into a vehicle that was only a week old... but it was worth it!

Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
HEY H4, did you add the mud flaps yourself or did they come on there stock.? If you bought them where??

·
Registered
274 Posts
I really love the molded mud flaps, but I am not sure I'd want to drill the holes to install them...

Road salt is a real concern here, and to make matters worse, I park in a heated garage (rust accelerator!!!) so any holes, specially on the lower part of the truck is risky at best.

Pat

ps: I still can't get over the colour of your truck! WOW!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the mud flaps from Ford, went to the dealer and ordered them. I looked up all the accessories I wanted on fordaccessoriesstore.com, grabbed the product #'s and said "these are what I want". Came in a couple days later.

The bug shield wasn't too difficult to install, the instructions were terrible but if you've ever installed one before you can figure out where everything goes easy enough.. just make sure you measure 5 times and drill holes once!

I'm in a bad area for road salt too, but as for drilling holes to put the mud flaps on you drill into plastic... so rusting wouldn't be an issue, and the screw/clips you put into the holes you drill are plastic as well. The only place I had to drill into metal was the hood for the bug shield.

Again, thanks for all the kind words everybody!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
THANKS for the info. I really like those mud flaps, but I am running 25565r18 and I dont know if it would look funky that the flaps would only cover half of the wheel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got those mud guards installed.... the holes are drilled into PLASTIC..... No risk for rust there !

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just picked up a 2010 XLT 2.5L 4WD. I picked up a few goodies as well:

- Hidden Hitch 1-1/4" receiver hitch
- 4 molded mud flaps
- 4 Escape rubber mats
- rear cargo slider

All in all my sales person gave me the "family discount" on the accessories (minus the hitch) which translates to 15% off. Fine by me. I needed the hitch for my bike rack as opposed to towing.

The hitch was rather easy as the 4 holes were already made the chassis. Once I fished the bolts in the install was rather easy. The mud flaps were a breeze as well. a few holes drilled and they were on. I love the rubber mats compared to the stockers and they will handle the mud and snow of the winter months. The only thing I am not overly excited about is the roll-up rear canvas cover. It doesn't quit cover the entire back area. There is like a 2 inch gap where it ends and where the tailgate is. Not a big deal but I thought it would have benn a better fitting part. I wish I had the cargo "wet Trunk" underneath. I could have like to store a couple things in there.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nice looking truck. I should consider getting one of those shorty antennas, then I wouldn't hear that clunk, clunk, clunk as I drive through the underground garage at home. :roll:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
sinister mob said:
Here are a couple of quick pics. Need to take some better ones but you get the idea. I picked up a shorty antennae at a local car place. Fit perfectly.

Hello!. That is a nice shade of blue. Good looking escape there. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts