Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Escape a couple weeks ago and had been looking everywhere for pics of stock wheels painted black :lightning: . After weeks of searching I found those pictures here. So here are my pics.

Acid etch primer

Color Coat

Clear Coat

Not so great Silver Wheels :barf:

and the better black wheels

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sweet

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello turbotoaster1. :thumb: :welcome:
Nice photos with good detail.
I like the black rims.

They produce an interesting effect.
You are being creative.
That mountain bike looks snazzy.
Also i enjoyed observing, the local housing architectural styles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I mounted and balanced them at lunch today. So they still are covered in tire mounting lube. I will get some better pics when it is nice outside and I can clean it. I am going to black out the raised white lettering next. I was originally going to mount the tires with the white walls facing in, but continental designed the tread so that you cannot do that. I am also thinking about taking off the step bars and tinting the tail lights. I am installing hids in the head lights and fog lights now.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Looks great, I'm drooling now so you must have done a good job. :drool:

I'm want some 16" rims to paint black like that I think, seeing yours with the brush rack is tempting me to look into it. I've seen the other black painted rims and they all look awesome, but seeing an Escape somewhat similar to mine makes it hit home worse that it might look pretty dang sharp. :thumb:

Someone stop me, I already have too many Escape projects going! :calvin: :bang:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
That's what a No Boundaries package should look like.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First I would like to thank Hattrick203 for painting his wheels and posting pics. With out seeing his pics I probably would not have painted mine. They look great.

Thank you everyone for the comments.
I took some pics outside today.

I have only been on the forum for a short time and I am happy with the amount of content you have on the site.

·
Registered
267 Posts
CzechMate911 said:
I am going for black on black.
yeah that what I did with mine.
looks like this now:

·
Registered
267 Posts
turbotoaster1 said:
First I would like to thank Hattrick203 for painting his wheels and posting pics. With out seeing his pics I probably would not have painted mine. They look great.
hey I appreciate the recognition. I'm really interested in getting a brush guard like the one on your truck, where did you order it from?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great Pics!!! I'm glad you posted pictures of your truck with those rims and the brush guard. That is exactly what i wanted to do to mine. Looks like I will go forth with it. Thanks again for posting the pics!

·
Registered
66 Posts
thos painted wheels look sweet on the escapes. ive been searching for the thread and pics of some guy on here with a matte/ flat black escape with painted wheels you guys would like. if any one knows its post the link on here

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm probably going to black-out my wheels in the future, but right now I'm contemplating blacking-out the trim surrounding the fog lamps. Check out the photo below. It is a photoshop rendering of what I might do. I'd really like some opinions on if it looks sporty or not.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
KC5ZRQ said:
I'm probably going to black-out my wheels in the future, but right now I'm contemplating blacking-out the trim surrounding the fog lamps. Check out the photo below. It is a photoshop rendering of what I might do. I'd really like some opinions on if it looks sporty or not.

(IMAGE)
Hm... I'm almost partial to think that silver might better match the standard chrome grille, but that's just moi. Maybe if you picked up a black grille?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts