Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without trying to sound too much like the Newlywed game. Tell us one of your most embarrassing moment.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Then this is the ideal place to post it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Dasha said:
It's too embarrassing....
Dasha, I agree with you. Not about you...I don't even know what your most embarrassing moment was...but mine is too embarrassing.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
jpark said:
Smarty pants, you go first.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I've blocked out the really embarrassing ones. At least I think so, because I can't think of any. :yahoo:

As for stupid moments, there was that time I drove into a ditch on purpose. Looked like a shoulder but nope, it wasn't. :doh:

Oh, here's an embarrassing moment - I was 6 or 7 and wore just my underwear into the swimming pool - I thought the blue stripe on the elastic band meant it was for water. The lifeguard had to pull me out and tell me to put on my swimming trunks.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Oh, if we are going back to when we were 6 or 7 years old....

It was 2nd grade. I was a mere 6 years old. I got permission to go to the bathroom and when I came back to the classroom nobody was there (Uh, thanks Ms. Maldonado for not telling me we were going to the stage to watch a movie) so I thought school was over and walked next door to the church since that's where my Brownie troop met after school. Nobody was there. So I just sat and waited. And waited.
Finally, my Brownie leader came to set up and saw me and said something like "Wow, you're early". So I helped her get ready until the other Brownies came.

During the meeting, my teacher,the principal, and my mom came over and rushed to me and made a big fuss in front of everybody. Ms. Maldonado hugged me and was all relieved. Turned out they were searching all over the school for me when I never showed up back in class and my teacher was in a state of panic. Of course my mom was mad at me and I just kept thinking "It was Ms. Maldonado's fault! She didn't tell me we were going to the stage!"

My mom still brings that up.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Happened today at work, was on the film set for Emmerdale, the director shouted "ACTION!!!", guess who's mobile telephone then rang ?? !! :bang: :bang: :bang: :spank: :spank:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Happened today at work, was on the film set for Emmerdale, the director shouted "ACTION!!!", guess who's mobile telephone then rang ?? !! :bang: :bang: :bang: :spank: :spank:
:doh: Doh!!!!!! :doh:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
This one is a bit 'work centric', but my colleagues won't let me live it down to this day.

About 5 years ago i got a call to a faulty line, on my laptop the notes say the customer says builders working in the garden had dug up the phone cable. Sure enough, i get there and there's a big pile of earth with two bits of armoured cable sticking out of it. So, without any delay i perch on top of this pile of earth and start reconnecting/joining the two lengths of cable back together.
I finished the work about 45 minutes later, went to check my customer's line. it was still dead. Bit odd..... :roll:

She told me that she had made a call from her neighbour in the apartment upstairs about an hour ago, this was very odd as that would have been before i'd repaired the cable that fed the whole block. :wacko:

Turns out the cable i had "repaired" was a random scrap piece of armoured cable just brought up by the diggers, and that i had joined both ends of it together into a big loop! :doh:

Her fault was inside her flat and nothing whatsoever to do with the excavations outside. :bang:

from that day on i vow to take whatever customers tell me with a very large pinch of salt. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
I've decided to modify this to "Most embarassing moment as an adult" I was at a formal affair with the ex who wanted the table center piece and convinced me it was "acceptable" to take it, like a wedding or something. It was a glass candle holder which I put under my suit jacket. Guess what slipped out and broke into a million pieces in the lobby where EVERYONE was waiting to get their coats. :doh:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Emmerdale eh? What's that like? Never watch it myself as i can't stand soaps! :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
MadMax said:
I've decided to modify this to "Most embarassing moment as an adult" I was at a formal affair with the ex who wanted the table center piece and convinced me it was "acceptable" to take it, like a wedding or something. It was a glass candle holder which I put under my suit jacket. Guess what slipped out and broke into a million pieces in the lobby where EVERYONE was waiting to get their coats. :doh:
OMG, that's mortifying!! But gave me a good laugh, thanks! :lol:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Big Chris said:
camusdarrach said:
Emmerdale eh? What's that like? Never watch it myself as i can't stand soaps! :)
It's supposed to be a soap based on village life in the Yorkshire Dales, in England, and is broadcast nationally 6 days a week, a bit like a watered down Dallas, but filmed on a meagre British budget!! ( and including sheep!!!)
I can't stand it, but my wife loves it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My old business partner pulled a real beauty once years ago.

He had a date with a new girl & took her to a five star/very expensive restaurant to impress her.

About half way through dinner, he realized his zipper was down discretely & zipped it up.

Somewhat later, he excused himself to go to the mens room. When he started walking away from the table, there was a horrendous crash behind him. He looked back in horror & realized he had zipped up the edge of the linen table cloth in his zipper. As he walked away, he pulled the entire contents of the very fancy table setting off onto the floor..............

~John

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Ouch! I've done the secret zipper thing before. I'll have to remember not to do it with a tablecloth nearby. :shades:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That sounds just about as bad as it gets...

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I would have just kept on walking ....right out the door! :worry:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Big Chris said:
camusdarrach said:
It's supposed to be a soap based on village life in the Yorkshire Dales, in England, and is broadcast nationally 6 days a week, a bit like a watered down Dallas, but filmed on a meagre British budget!! ( and including sheep!!!)
I can't stand it, but my wife loves it.
Haha!! I meant what's it like working on Emmerdale. I'm English myself! :doh:

;) :lol:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts