Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I just bought an 06 Escape and I am not sure if my disk changer can read mp3's or not. The dealer said it could...

I burned an mp3 disk (as data) and when I put it in the player it reads the disk and begins showing time but no sound comes out and the time just keeps running, as though it sees one long song rather than each individual song.

Could someone please tell me how I can find out if it reads mp3s or not?
I havent found the car book yet....

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Your stereo may be in the wrong mode. If your preset buttons 3 and 4 say "Folder" on them then you do have mp3 compatibility - most 2006 models do.
Mp3s can be put in folders on the disc to sort different playlists or tracks can be written directly without folders.
When you put you disc in with no folders in place you may need to change the read mode, you can do this by pressing the MENU button to select MODE then using the SEL button choose FOLDER or TRACK as your setting.
My 06 was set to FOLDER the first time I tried an mp3 disc and I had a result similar to yours. Hope this helps, good listening and welcome to the city!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap I guess im one of the unlucky ones, I dont see folders listed on any of my buttons :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts