Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, some (most) of you may have seen our brief brush with fame (but sadly no fortune) when I previously posted the following JPEG of our Escape Hybrid's appearance in the VEVA 2007 calendar at another site.
:beer:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sweet! :)^
Definitely a collector's item!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice.

Hybrids rock!!

~John

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
can you give us a bit of story on that? how did you get your vehicle in a calender and what is VEVA? ive never heard of it before.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
CrashNburn said:
can you give us a bit of story on that? how did you get your vehicle in a calender and what is VEVA? ive never heard of it before.
I'm sure HA can give us more than a bit of story. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CrashNburn said:
VEVA is the Vancouver Electric Vehicle Association ( http://www.veva.ca )

While they typically concern themselves with "pure" electric vehicles (typically DIY conversions of conventional vehicles to run off batteries only), they have begun to embrace the tide of "hybrid" vehicles that have arrived from various mainstream manufacturers.

I was contacted in mid-2006 by one of the individuals charged with gathering images for the 2007 VEVA calendar... he was looking for vehicles that had not yet been featured and he wanted to know if I would submit a photo of our 2005 Escape Hybrid for consideration.

The rest, as they say, is history... I was able to secure August (my wife's birth month) so that was a cheap gift :)^

Despite waiting by the telephone all last year, Hollywood never did call. :bill:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I'm sure HA can give us more than a bit of story. :D[/quote]

Oh Yes. I sure do agree Dasha !! He is always extremely thorough. His posts are always very informative and well put together. Smart guy !! :)

:WW

·
Registered
419 Posts
Will there be an inaugural Escape-City calender.

Lets see what photos we could get for each month.

January: Escape
February: On the beach
March: Maverick
April: Modified
May: Asian/Aussie version
June: Dirtiest
July: Tribute
August: In the city
September: Hybrid
October: In the outback/country
November: Mariner
December: In the snow

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you want one in the snow? LoL. we have a 20 some odd foot snow pile in the middle of our compound at work. i could attempt a drive up it, i will just bring a buddy with a big truck in case i get stuck. haha.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
latan said:

We actually have the capability to do a calendar through our online store. If enough people want one, we may just have to have one for 2009. If it goes forward, we would be happy to have photo submissions for it.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
We actually have the capability to do a calendar through our online store. If enough people want one, we may just have to have one for 2009. If it goes forward, we would be happy to have photo submissions for it.[/quote]

That sounds great !!! I'll buy one !! :yahoo:

:WW

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Dasha said:
Me too! :))
What she said!!!!!!!

In other words, I would like one as well. :p

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Kiki said:
latan said:

We actually have the capability to do a calendar through our online store. If enough people want one, we may just have to have one for 2009. If it goes forward, we would be happy to have photo submissions for it.
Just let me know, I'll wash and wax the Mav. :)P

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Looks like we're going a calendar, then. Somebody remind about August or September and we'll have submissions for photos for it. I can already tell you that photos have to be at least 8x10 at 300 dpi.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts