Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think. I can pick up a set of these for $300 with tires. I'm just not sure about how it looks.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I like that style wheel. I've seen them on the older Escapes and thought they looked good. The ones I saw were a metal finish though, not painted...

If you want something a little more analytical... In the image you posted they look a little small. The color might be an issue. I'd want to see them next to the trim and the vehicle in real life. It looks like it would work with the body color. I'm just not sure about the trim...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well unfortunately they are 17's so they aren't much bigger than the wheels on the car already. Plus the size tires that I put on them in the picture reflects the size that is currently on them which is a 235 55 R17. Not the idea sidewall for an escape, but I'm looking at the price of wheels and tires only be $300. I could possibly strip and polish them which might look even better, but thats alot of work.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
The nice thing about 17s" is that you can still get your Escape speedometer recalibrated for a proper/accurate speed reading.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I've always thought the TireRack wheel visualizer was a little off in scale. That's probably what's throwing me off. $300 is a really good deal for those wheels. I say go for it. It will certainly be unique.

BTW... Here is a pic of an older Escape with similar Mustang wheels:

I think they look really good in this picture...

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would just get the standard Torque-thrust wheels like in the photo posted by RobtRoma. That is, if the source you are getting the rims from has them in the standard painted or machined finish. Are the Bullit rims a one-time deal?

Is your Escape white? If so, the black wheels would actually look better than the silver ones. It'd look more like the SAP rims they are putting on the 09+ Escapes, but at a fraction of the cost.

I say do it, if it's $300 for all 4 wheels and tires. With a deal like that, I think you'd deserve a slap upside the head if you didn't take advantage of it. Besides, I bet those rims have Pirelli P-Zero's on them too ( I had the Pirelli's stock on the 17's on my 05 Mustang Gt, and they were awesome!), and the tires alone are worth more than the asking price for the whole setup...

Let us know what happens!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Davis137 said:
I would just get the standard Torque-thrust wheels like in the photo posted by RobtRoma. That is, if the source you are getting the rims from has them in the standard painted or machined finish. Are the Bullit rims a one-time deal?

Is your Escape white? If so, the black wheels would actually look better than the silver ones. It'd look more like the SAP rims they are putting on the 09+ Escapes, but at a fraction of the cost.

I say do it, if it's $300 for all 4 wheels and tires. With a deal like that, I think you'd deserve a slap upside the head if you didn't take advantage of it. Besides, I bet those rims have Pirelli P-Zero's on them too ( I had the Pirelli's stock on the 17's on my 05 Mustang Gt, and they were awesome!), and the tires alone are worth more than the asking price for the whole setup...

Let us know what happens!
+1! Just buy them, well assuming they are not stolen or have curb rash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts