Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Which is your choice as a classic, the camaro or mustang?

• I nominate the mustang as a classic.

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • I nominate the camaro as a classic.

Votes: 5 25.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I vote for the mustang. It is only my opinion, but the mustang will allways be a classic. :) Oh! allright. Sorry about that. I have changed the vote option. Yes, i do respect that the camaro has enthusiasts. Even though i am keen on mustang, there is a compassionate side to me. :) :happy:

·
Registered
390 Posts
If we're talking 60s-70 I'll abstain unless there is a both button. IMO they both deserve classic status. Checking the high dollar auto auctions, they both have strong support. Perhaps favorite classic?
If its new, destined to become a calssic, then it is Mustang. It has the longest lasting and strongest following of any enthusiast car.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The Mustang was the first "pony car", and it's still in production. The 2010 updates look great.

:thumb:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello BLKXLT. I changed the selections to two options. You are quite welcome to vote for both of them. Just thought i would be, compassionate for the camaro devotees. :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
jpark said:
The Mustang was the first "pony car", and it's still in production. The 2010 updates look great.

:thumb:

That's if you don't consider the drop off of the Mustang and the creation of the Mustang II.

:barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :barf:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I like the look of certain generations of mustangs better than camaros, but I think camaros have been more consistently good looking. The 4th generation camaros are the only ones I'm not too big on.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Mustang!!!!!!! :rockon:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Gotta go with the Mustang, it's the only one still in production. My favorites are the newest ones and the early 70s. My dad has a '73 Mach 1 in the garage that I want to get running :thumb:

·
Registered
416 Posts
DarkScape said:
Camaro is in production and will be released the first quarter of this year.

:kneel: CAMARO x 1000000000000000000
DarkScape, I'll be honest, as a Camaro owner/enthusiast, I don't buy the production promises. Really, GM is in too much trouble to release a new line. I don't think they can honestly afford to front the cost of making the first ones.
I love my Camaro, but imo, the Mustang has won the muscle car fight.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
DarkScape said:
Camaro is in production and will be released the first quarter of this year.

:kneel: CAMARO x 1000000000000000000
Any Camaro production is becoming more questionable as time goes on. I suppose they will produce one, but the run maybe cut short. Dodge has lots full of Challengers, and the Mustang GT run has slowed 20-30% lately as well. So, imho if Chevy and GM do produce the Camaro they will sell until everyone that just has to have a new Camaro gets one. Then they will become totally superflous, and like the Challenger, sit on the new car lots unsold until such time as GM pulls the plug (they will if the car costs more to keep than it makes) or the economy takes a dramatic step upward (most unlikely).
:(

·
Registered
416 Posts
I second your thoughts, as sad as they are.
I wonder how much I could pick up a challenger for... Hmmmm...
White, Vanishing Point style.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
theescaperoute said:
I second your thoughts, as sad as they are.
I wonder how much I could pick up a challenger for... Hmmmm...
White, Vanishing Point style.
I dunno, I am not even sure they paint them white.

Vanishing Point crash car was actually a Camaro. Maybe GM will paint their Camaros white and you could get one of them?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I saw a white one at a stoplight. :drool:
Unfortunately, with the way GM loves to price everything. the new Camaro is probably out of my league. So I guess I'll just stay with the '74.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Just keep telling yourself that it's a Chrysler 300 with only two doors (it is fact just that). Only an old man would want a fat old Chrysler 300, and your not old yet!

Does that help?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, it does.
However, I do love the old Challengers, and the new one does bear a striking resemblance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts