Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently sold my 2009 vista blue gt mustang, and purchased a 2009 ford escape XLT. my question is this: i have the stock 17's from my mustang sitting in the garage, you know the five spoke bullet style, well anyway, i was wondering if they are gonna fit on my escape, im not worried about wheel well clearance and all that, but im not sure if the back spacing is gonna be right for these 9 inch wide wheels. is there anybody out there that has done this or tried this? any pics so i can try to figure out what this looks like? i have a light blue escape, and the wheels are powdercoated semi gloss black. i think it would look alright. any help is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I've seen pictures of the older body style (01-07) with these wheels and I think it looks great. I haven't seen any photos of newer Escapes with these wheels.

Click Here to see a similar thread about the same subject...

... and :welcome:

If you do this, we would appreciate a photo or two :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh of course, pictures will be posted for sure. and thanks for the link to the other thread, although it didnt really tell me much, i still got to get an idea of what they would look like.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have seen it done once for a newer model and it looks great, but I'm not sure if they were true Mustang wheels or just clones of that style, with slightly different specs. I considered going this route before I settled on my American Racing wheels. I'd advise you to consult a local shop if there are any in your area, to confirm trouble-free fitment. But I bet it works.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i could always look into a shop, but im over here in germany and i dont speak much german!! lol!! my idea for the whole truck is to kinda go for the sports appearance package with my own little goddies added from there. the turn out will be epic..

·
Registered
118 Posts
frankthetank said:
i also like your mustang, its a shame it had to be cut down in its prime.
Thanks! I'll get another one someday, but it's just not in the numbers for me right now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i understand, i had a 2009 gt in vista blue. then i went with the boss 302 conversion. then i sold it and got my escape. i would send you a pic but i have no idea how

1 - 8 of 8 Posts