Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sweet! Nice ride, NB edition Escapes just look awesome. I think they are overall pretty rare, but I've seen at least 2 localy running around town.

I want to get the rack off a junked NB Escape to put on mine if I find one, might be a project for the future, one day I'll start a thread on it and get the consensus if it's do-able.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
That NB Escape sure is purty :thumb:

Airmapper said:
I want to get the rack off a junked NB Escape to put on mine if I find one, might be a project for the future, one day I'll start a thread on it and get the consensus if it's do-able.
I've heard it's not that easy a swap. The biggest issue is the back bumper. It's specific to the NB and has indents for a couple of latches to hold the fold-down rack that integrated into the roof rack. I think the actual roof rack has different mounting points as well but I'm not sure about that. I know this was discussed to death at the other E-C. I think there might be a topic or two here as well but I'm not sure...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Might just be the angle on your pics, but is there a pannel missing on your front bumper?
If you check the pic in my signature line you'll see that the plastic "skid plate" insert gets used both front and back. I know there are other No Bounds on here from 05-06 (Nodnerb,Ajax) that all have that same trim. Gen 1 rides didn't get the same treatment.
I'd be curious if it were a vehicle that I owned because a front bumper usually only gets replaced because of an accident (they don't wear out), and I would want to know that it was fixed right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the concern. I do believe it has been wrecked. There is tell tale signs in the paint on the rear end. But i have had it for over a year. I have seen absolutely no problems. All the tires are wearing good (no frame damage), doesn't pull. Other than a less than perfect paint job, most people don't even notice. Thank you for being so inquisitve. Lol. Naw, for real though, thanks for the concern. No Probs. No Worries. :rockon:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Glad to hear this truck has been really good for you. :thumb:
The main concern is that it's straight, by the sound of it the repairs were done right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2001 escape with high miles, and had to have the transmission rebuilt. While walking through wal-mart parking lot saw an escape with a neat rear bumper. Now I found out it was a whole package and want to find it for my escape, can anyone help me find one and will it mount to the original spots the roof rack I have mounts? Any help someone can give me would be great, also looking for mods like an air intake, exhaust, programmer, any other ideas? How great of a rig is this?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
nobbie said:
I bought a 2001 escape with high miles, and had to have the transmission rebuilt. While walking through wal-mart parking lot saw an escape with a neat rear bumper. Now I found out it was a whole package and want to find it for my escape, can anyone help me find one and will it mount to the original spots the roof rack I have mounts? Any help someone can give me would be great, also looking for mods like an air intake, exhaust, programmer, any other ideas? How great of a rig is this?
From what I've heard the NB roof rack is an involved install, finding the parts may be difficult and you may need to drill holes and such to install it, and replace the rear bumper cover. I'd like to do this myself if I was really motivated, but as it stands I think I'm more interested in finding an Xterra than the stuff to make my Escape look like one. (I wonder which would be cheaper? :doh: )

You can search the forums for the other things, I think I've seen threads on most all the things you mentioned. Of course if you want more step by step guidance, feel free to open a new thread for the particular projects your working on. Doing so has worked well for me, the folks here are pretty good at being helpful.

And last but certainly not least: :welcome:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts