Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 2001 Escape XLS, with an I4 Zetec engine, FWD 5-speed transmission with 4 wheel drive. It has about 135,000 miles.

So far I've added the brush rack with lights, and vent shades. I also have grey Silblade wipers, treat the windshield with RainX, and recently got upgraded headlamps. I drive at night a lot and the little improvements help a lot.

Don't know if I'll put much more into it or not aside from replacing things that wear out, I been getting a lot of ideas browsing this forum though. At one time I looked into getting rims, but couldn't find a good selection in the area, especially with the FWD offset. I'm pretty happy with the way it looks now though, if I put anything too expensive on it I won't be as willing to take it on back roads where it's the most fun to drive.

I'm a Geocacher and my username there is Airmapper, hence the nameplate.

I'd talk about how great I think the Escape is, but I have a feeling everyone else who joins this forum already agrees. :thumb:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,647 Posts
Very nice Escape Airmapper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Brush guard is SICK! :rockon:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

I went and played in 5 inches of snow a little today, just running around on the driveway and fields near home.

I'm a little bummed my tail light guards haven't arrived yet since I was taking photos. Should be arriving soon, but the snow will probably be gone by then.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Does the brush gaurd hook directly up in front of the radiator? Or are the brackets else where?
FYI: I have a new set of nerf bars for sale 135.00 plus shipping.. :shades:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
megascape said:
Does the brush gaurd hook directly up in front of the radiator? Or are the brackets else where?
FYI: I have a new set of nerf bars for sale 135.00 plus shipping.. :shades:
Two supports attach to the horizontal bar in front, or maybe it's below the radiator (just below the nameplate, on the outer sides of that opening) Everything was bolt on, there are pre-drilled holes on that support.

Thanks anyway but I'm hard on nerf bars, my stock running boards have been pushed back down to where they belong more than once after getting it bottomed out in ditches. If I break them though I might look you up.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The Westin Bull Bar brackets sit right in front of the radiator so i had to extend the brackets out a little. Other wise if it was evrer used it would have pushed the radiator in.. I wish they would have advertised it was made for more show rather then it's second purpose of saving the grill from branches.. :thumb:
Have fun..Also about bottoming out PM me if your interested in stopping that if it's from off-roading.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Airmapper said:
Thanks everyone!

I went and played in 5 inches of snow a little today, just running around on the driveway and fields near home.

I'm a little bummed my tail light guards haven't arrived yet since I was taking photos. Should be arriving soon, but the snow will probably be gone by then.
Nice snow photos. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts