Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2010 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 6 CYL in April 2010. I changed the rims and added a spoiler.

Alright so i posted the sensors before...now i have the rims and the spoiler that i wanted to add. Here it goes!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elwood said:
Jeff M said:
do you have the part number for the spoiler. I went to the local dealer, and he was clueless as to what I was looking for.
Ask him for 8L8Z-78500K16-AA. This part is the Ford accessory primed spoiler for 2008 through 2010 models.

See: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/Gfa ... 8500K16_AA
Thanks for the compliment!

Just as he said. Other term for spoiler is "rear roof deflector." They have it listed from 2008-2010. Also try fordaccessories.com. Then catalog

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks! I had to choose between that spoiler or the one you guys have but in the end i went with the one on the ford catalog which is the one they preferred using on the newer models and also the one the sport appearance package uses. I don't think I'm going to add anything else. But never say never ;)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:thumb: Im startin to like the spoiler idea on my ride..... dunno..... maybe

·
Registered
139 Posts
I love that spoiler! Looks great. And the rims too!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Your escapes are really nice. I'm sure the spoilers would look hot on them. I had a hard time deciding on chrome rims or black like the ones on the Sport appearance package but went with chrome. The oem black rims are really hard to find too

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wow looks good. Thinking about doing some of the same things to my Escape. I would try and go for the black rims though. I already got the black grille installed and was thinking about the spoiler and rear sensors as well. So pretty much everything you added!

Where did you get the Ford rims? Did your Escape come with 16 or 17 inch wheels (mine has the 16s so I would have to buy the rims and tires together) I am also from New York, if you dont mind me asking how was the dealer you dealt with and how was the pricing for everything?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,658 Posts
Are these the rims you picked up off eBay?? I need to know what you think of them so that I can justify an online wheel purchase in the future LOL

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tang said:
Are these the rims you picked up off eBay?? I need to know what you think of them so that I can justify an online wheel purchase in the future LOL
Yes they are lol. They are very good.

And the answer to those questions.... the rims on ebay were $569, $650 after shipping. I had to get wheels to match so I went to FORD and got Michelin cross terrain which fit and they came out to about $820 for the set of 4.

As for the sensors...I got them at ford. I forgot the name of the brand. The dealer has someone who works with them who installs sensors. They are NOT the same as factory. They said you can only get the factory original when it comes from the manufacturer so it has to already come with them on. But these are still very good. They installed them there. Got mine for $325 with installation.

As for the spoiler....I ordered it the Ford dealer. It was $295 and it came out to $319 with tax. When I got my tires and installed them at Ford I got points/rewards on my Ford rewards card so I got a discount for the spoiler. I used it at the body shop where the guy charged me $150 to paint and install it but i only paid $72 because of my discount. So not bad.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're welcome to white escape. Let me know if you have anymore questions. I'll see if I can get the exact name of the sensors.

And to the last poster, thanks for the compliment

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
That spoiler looks like it might help the air detach more cleanly from the rear of the vehicle. Has anyone who installed one noticed an increase in highway fuel economy with this spoiler installed? (its probably only good for 1 or 2 MPG)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.