Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought yall might like to see what the bull guards off ebay look like on the escapes. I like its looks not sure if I would want it to be bigger. The bullguard actuallys is smaller than it coudl be. There is a bracket that comes in 6 or 8 inches that attaches to both the tow spots. For sure this thing is for looksbecause it would push up and in the bumper easily.
It looks kind of off having the bracket rather than screwing right beside the tow spots. but I dont think anyone woudl notice unless hyou looked close.
I am debating on getting the big round lights that can be attached or the smaller really bright ones. I am guessing the big ones would look better but the smaller ones probably work better.

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5027933857_64247b4857.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/5028565282_b2e98dccd8.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Niccceeee :thumb: :thumb:
Iv been looking at full size bumber gaurds (we call them brush gaurds ummm diff?) but back to my point iv been looking for one due to the large amount of dear...big white tail deer... :rant:
But i think it would look good with some nice bright lighs there :thumb:

·
Registered
439 Posts
That looks cool.And yeah you need to get some aux lights on it ASAP :D .It will look a lot better.
This is something i want to do to my escape.Can you provide some more info like the ebay link, seller ,price?Thank you!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes the link above is the one I bought. They ship SUPER fast. I will look at mine again. but the brackets I think have to be staggered. One on the inside tow hook one on the outside tow hook. you will know what I mean if you get it and think it does not fit.
I will post upclose pics. I also found there is an easier way to screw the bolts in. Also mine is an 05 I did not have to cut any fo the spoiler off. It fit right in.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I have been wanting this mod for quite awhile and I was searching and found this picture the other night, and this is the same style of my E and I like the way it looks...

I have to get credit of this picture to fellow E-C member Walkingchaos. And to the subject of saving your radiator. My cousin put a brush guard on his truck and a week later he hit a deer, if it wasnt for the guard, it would have totaled his truck

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Ean-The-Escape said:
I like that is more simple. I want one for Ean. Looking at a simple black one. Found one for under $90. Considering it, just wondering about the installation
WOW!! $90 sounds like a pretty good deal, I cant seem to find a good one under $200. Probably because I want chrome. My buddy is supposed to get a price on one at a Ford accessories dealer.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Yes! I'm not sure if I want chrome or black. I was going with black because Ean has a bug shield that is black. But seeing that pic with the chrome one and black bug shield it looks great. Ean has chrome tail light guards so I may change my mind. Probably going to make this a project for the spring so I have time to decide!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts