Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate mondays. This is a true story, no bs in this one.

Day started off ok, the job on the cnc that I wanted to have done by noon was finally done at two. Then it all went down hill. For so unknown reason a chip found it's way up under an insert, don't ask me how it just did. I ruined two $250 parts before finding the answer, after four hours of figuring and trying to correct the program. So I am a bit PO'd by time I leave work. Get home and find out the wifes brother has decided he won't take his mother after the grandson gets married this Saturday. We have been caring for her for over fourteen years and just asked (two months ago) if he could take her for three or four days so my brother and his wife (who are flying in on thursday) and the wife and I can have some time for us. He comes and takes her to breakfast every couple three or four months, actually just when he needs money from her, and lets her by breakfast for him and his wife. Guy is a real tard, 61 year old tard at that, has two retirement checks, on SS disability, and is work under the table for an attorney for $24 an hour, his mom gets about $340 a month from her teachers retirement pay. So after I kind of sooth a few feathers, and consider the pros and cons of shooting him and reject it as a waste of a bullet. Lots of boo hooing and hurt feelings for the wife, hurts me to see her hurt over a putz brother. So I decide it is a good time to retire to the reading room for a nice relaxing dump. Jobs done, two sheets left on the roll, reach for another roll, not to be, go for the backup roll under the sink, gone, pucker up and go to the cabinet, bingo, new roll installed and tested, then the big flush. Stand up and start to hitch up my britches and my truck key and remote fall out of my belt and into the gurgling white key stealing sonofabeach. Get tools out take toilet of floor just in case they got hung up, nope, fish the pipe with a grabber, nope, go to the clean out, dig it up and have the wife flush as I watch to trap said keys on the way by, nope, give up as bad idea. Get in the t-bird and drive 20 miles to town to get new wax ring, 4" clean out (the old one kind of broke) and a new key. Dope cuts an all steel key despite me showing him the key I wanted on the board, "Oh this one is a dollar cheaper", another putz. Get home with the wax ring and install it, strained my berries holding the toilet up while lining up them dang little zig zagging running around studs, finally get it installed. Flushes just fine. Go out side to put the new 4" clean out down and find out it is for a 4"ID not a 4" OD, guess it goes back with the retarded looking key. It is dark thirty by now, I am completely whipped, got a hamburger patty and cold beans for dinner, and only one ***** Medello left.

Now all I have to do is get the stuff swapped out tommorrow and dig the lid off the septic tank and go magnet fishing for the remote and key.

If your day sucked worse than mine you truly have my simpathy.

PUTT :cry: :rant: :cry:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you consider speckled trout fishing in the septic tank a better day!

PUTT :cuss: :wall: :cuss:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Sorry to hear about your rough day, putt !! Kinda speechless right now and don't know how to reply to your post.

Hear ya go. This might make you feel better !!!

When you have a I Hate My Job day, try this: On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy and go to the thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson. Be sure you get this brand. When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed. Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair. Open the package and remove the thermometer. Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken. Now the fun part begins: Take out the literature from the box and read it carefully. You will notice that in small print there is a statement: "Every Rectal Thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested, and then sanitized." Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, "I am so glad I do not work in the thermometer quality control department at Johnson & Johnson."

Hang in there putt !!! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was my old job, at least until about six weeks after they promoted me to the horse thermometer line.

PUTT :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Putt said:
If your day sucked worse than mine you truly have my simpathy.

PUTT :cry: :rant: :cry:
Sorry Dude, You've got me beat on this one. :kneel:

It may not seem like it, but you haven't got a monopoly on crappy relatives. ;)

Here's hoping Tuesday more than makes up for it. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Rather speechless on that one. Well said, funny (sorry). Hope you have a great day AFTER you get your keys back. And remember, the brown stuff under your fingernails may not be the remains of the cupcake you had for lunch. Do not lick the fingers, I say again....

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:stifle:

I don't know what to say, either. Ouch.

But after your fishing expedition, things can only get better, right?

I have an extra, unused Ford remote if you need one. If you have an extra key, you can skip the fishing and use it until I send you the remote. Just PM me.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jpark said:
:stifle:

I have an extra, unused Ford remote if you need one. If you have an extra key, you can skip the fishing and use it until I send you the remote. Just PM me.

Hang in there!
Thanks for the offer JP but this was for my dually and I am not sure about the freqency or how to find out which one I have. Bout to go fishing.

PUTT :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Yes, good luck. I wanted to let you know that I certainly did not mean to make light of your situation by posting a joke.
Your entire post, certainly was not funny, and you sure do have my sympathy when it comes to the situation with your relative. :heart:

Your post was missing the usual three big grins beside your name, ( those grins always put a very big grin on my face !! ;) ) and I was just trying to get you to smile. :) Laughter can be very good medicine !!!

So you hang in there !!!! :heart:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for your kind words and support, humor is ALWAYS a good thing to chase aways the bad stuff.

You just ain't gonna believe this, I would'nt. But I got pictures. I put them on webshots and linked them.

First I find and dig out the septic tank plug..............

Lift off the plug using the jack stands and a tie down strap.........

Rig up a long piece of conduit (used for another project before) with some VERY powerful magnets. Dig the cap of the tanks contents, and go fishing, for about fifteen minutes.

Guess what......

Quick rinse with the garden hose and into the house for a better cleaning and desanitizing.

It works just fine after over twelve hours in the tank. I was real surprised at how quickly I found them and how dry the inside of the remote were.

Gotta go, need to buy me one of those mega buck lottery tickets.

God has been good to me in my hours of darkness, I am in the Light now.

PUTT :D :D :D and for good measure :D :hyst: :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Putt said:
<snip> Gotta go, need to buy me one of those mega buck lottery tickets. <snip>
Exactly!!!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Wow, talk about sh*tty days!!

Hope the worst is behind ya, now!! :beer: