Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 4335 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody has a story to tell about how their day went. I figured I would start.

My day went. Well actually had more hours spent on the floor instead of meetings. Productive day, came home in a great mood. Cooked dinner for the family and watched some TV. Anyone else likes House?

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
My day went well too, despite the more than usual bickering and whining from the kiddos. :wall: :cuss: :rant:
Went to Starbucks during my conference period and grabbed a mocha frap.....mmmm!! :p The vet called and said the bloodwork on my 15 year old cat looked great and all was well :thumb: (was a bit concerned b/c she had lost some weight). After work, met hubby for dinner and talked about our upcoming move. :yahoo: Came home and checked in on my favorite place on internet......EC!!!!!!! :thumb: :peace: Life is crazy good. :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
My day went mostly as planned. I got up early with my wife, she went off to work. I got a call from my son and I picked him up since his car is on the way to the recylcing center. We went to the Credit Union to see if he could become a member, and they signed him up. He also submitted paperwork to get a consolidation loan and look at the repo lineup. He spied a PT Cruiser that he liked and the price was good. So maybe he can buy that as well...

I went off on a job interview at 3 p.m. this afternoon. A promotion if I get it. I have been turned down before I even got to this level, and have been refered to the selecting official, but never interviewed. So this is one step closer, being interviewed. Maybe the next time I'll be selected. Assuming of course that all my wrong answers are ignored and they don't permanently disqualify me for further consideration, or that I am selected this time around. :peace: (fingers crossed)

Then I proceeded on to work, where I am now, till midnight... :)

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Very happy to hear that your cat is okay, Dasha !! :heart:

You must be getting excited about the move. :) I guess that you will be doing that this weekend? Thinking about you and I hope that all goes well !! :)

Jonas, I wish you the best of luck in getting that promotion !! :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
My day was productive. I am renovating a basement bathroom for a friend with a low budget. We already have a glass sink bowl, and today I found a tall faucet for $12.99; they usually sell or $150 or more. I also picked up two mirror cupboards for free, and the guy giving them away happened to be working on his car so I helped him with that, too. That takes us up to 10 PM, the end of my day. Now I am eating my mac-and-cheese and watching the news.

Oh, and I recently picked up a monkey wrench. Not a pipe wrench, but a real monkey wrench for railroad work. I'll probably never use it, but it's fun to hold and swing around, and a great conversation piece.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
My day is going well so far. I am at work doing the usual...looking at EC and researching what I can buy on Craigslist/Ebay...good day!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I went fishing with my dad this morning. Clouds and wind picked up at around 11AM, so we called it a morning. It's a good thing we did, because it's raining now.

I'm changing the LEDs in jshak07's power window and lock switches, and I had a few minutes when I got home, so I got them done. They're the same switches that Ford uses in the Edge, except for the LED color (which is blue-white, a stock color I've never seen in an LED before). He wants them changed to red, so that's what I did. And although the power lock switches look just like the ones in my Edge from the outside (they're even interchangable), they're totally different inside. Weird.

Anyway, I'm just getting back to work now. I have two projects for my clients that I want to wrap up today.

Oh, and I had leftover pizza for lunch. There's nothing like reheated LaHacienda pizza.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I thought LaHacienda was mexican!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Not this one.

http://lahaciendabrighton.com/

Someone drove their car through their front window a few months ago. Now they have a sign in front: "Our drive-through window is currently closed." :lol:

·
Registered
297 Posts
mine was average, early start - to work on the tube (subway to you guys) with the usual sweaty armpit in your face lol

highlight of my days work was moving office. hasd the same desk space for over 7 years so a slight change of scenery...

then back home on said tube and now at home...

pizza for dinner!

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not a bad day. Today was the start of a multi-million dollar renovation to our packaging end of the plant. Got home to find out the wife got in a fender bender. Very minor light scuff. Having take out Chinese for dinner. Looks like I have the weekend off. Will be closing the pool.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
My day went well especially considering it was the first day I have worked since the beginning of August!!!!

Logged into my corporate email and was pleasantly suprised to have ONLY 289 unread emails in my InBox.

4 hours later I had sorted through the chaff, etc.

Next I looked at all the training I was behind on. Another 4 hours down the tubes!!!! :tease: :boring:

Tomorrow, I might actually do productive work. But I do work for one of the most admired companies in the US. ;-|

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
cbramsey said:
My day went well especially considering it was the first day I have worked since the beginning of August!!!!

Logged into my corporate email and was pleasantly suprised to have ONLY 289 unread emails in my InBox.

4 hours later I had sorted through the chaff, etc.

Next I looked at all the training I was behind on. Another 4 hours down the tubes!!!! :tease: :boring:

Tomorrow, I might actually do productive work. But I do work for one of the most admired companies in the US. ;-|
And that is....

My day went really well...did nothing while I was at work and when I got home I grilled me up some turkey burgers, and had a side of the new pizza/ranch doritos!!!! :drool: Then I installed the new sub in my Escape and took the stock one out. I also replaced my center bezel that has been broken for about a year now. :) I might go for a celebration drink later hehe

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
My last three days have been working a Hockey Tournament. Piece of cake! Tomorrow is "real" work. More than likely it'll be 15 hours and 45 minutes of pure boredom mixed with 15 minutes of excitement. On the upside, I have a student all day tomorrow so he can do all the work while I observe. Ah, sometimes life is good! :D

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Dasha said:
My day is still going!!! :rant:
You're in the home stretch now Dasha. I just read that you are not closing until Monday, so please take a little time for yourself. Relax and sip on a few beers !! :)

So if you are not closing until Monday, then when will you be moving ??? :shrug: Hopefully not until next weekend which will give you time to concentrate on grad school.

Whatever the case may be, things will be back to normal before you know it, and you and your hubby will be able to kick back and enjoy your new home.

Hang in there !! Chin up !! :)

1 - 20 of 4335 Posts