Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

My day went.....

35K views 4K replies 88 participants last post by  Colleen 
Very happy to hear that your cat is okay, Dasha !! :heart:

You must be getting excited about the move. :) I guess that you will be doing that this weekend? Thinking about you and I hope that all goes well !! :)

Jonas, I wish you the best of luck in getting that promotion !! :yes:

Dasha said:
My day is still going!!! :rant:
You're in the home stretch now Dasha. I just read that you are not closing until Monday, so please take a little time for yourself. Relax and sip on a few beers !! :)

So if you are not closing until Monday, then when will you be moving ??? :shrug: Hopefully not until next weekend which will give you time to concentrate on grad school.

Whatever the case may be, things will be back to normal before you know it, and you and your hubby will be able to kick back and enjoy your new home.

Hang in there !! Chin up !! :)

resq51kmg365 said:
On the upside, I have a student all day tomorrow so he can do all the work while I observe. Ah, sometimes life is good! :D
Ah yes it is !! :D

As for my day, that 40% chance of rain turned into 100%. No real biggie except for when it came time to walk the dogs and I could not locate even one of several umbrellas that we have somewhere around here. :cuss: So, I got several showers today !! :lol:

Our dog Andy was not too happy about being walked in the rain, as you can imagine. So I pretty much had to fight with him. Took Andy out and I'm trying to get him to come with me, so I go to yank on his leash and come to find out that the little shit had wiggled his way out of his collar and was headed back to the front porch. :lol:

Then I took Buddy out. He is much younger than Andy and didn't mind walking me in the rain as much as Andy. It actually seemed to invigorate him and getting him off his leash and dried off before he soaked my couch was quite the challenge. :D

Then went and picked up take out for dinner. :)

Yea I know, not a very exciting day. :)

Scooter Scott said:
Props to you! If it's raining...I stay indoors and I let Callie out in the back yard! :play:
I hear ya. :) Andy usually goes out without a leash except for when it is raining. Then he refuses to go out unless we put him on a leash a force him.

As for Buddy, he has to be on a leash or he takes off and it is hell catching him. He has gotten out accidentally a few times and I didn't think we were ever going to catch him. You chase him and he thinks that you are playing with him and runs that much harder. :lol:
This is the dog that attacks the vacuum, like Dasha's dog. He has toys that he plays with, so I usually put them in a pile out of the way when I vacuum. So while he is attacking the vacuum, he goes and grabs one of his toys and throws it down right in front of the vaccum. :lol: Kinda funny, but can get aggravating.

Scooter Scott said:
I've always found it best to not chase and keep calling the dog like you have a treat. They always come for treats lol
That doesn't seem to work for this one. :lol: He still has a lot of puppy in him. :D You're right though, chasing him definitely does not work.

He is so much fun though, and such a little cutie. He is really our daughter's dog. He was all infested with fleas and miserable when she begged us to bring him home. He is now very happy and we have all grown to love him very much. Hopefully he will mellow out eventually. :lol:

GreatEscape2004 said:
Colleen said:
As for Buddy, he has to be on a leash or he takes off and it is hell catching him. He has gotten out accidentally a few times and I didn't think we were ever going to catch him. You chase him and he thinks that you are playing with him and runs that much harder. :lol:
This is the dog that attacks the vacuum, like Dasha's dog. He has toys that he plays with, so I usually put them in a pile out of the way when I vacuum. So while he is attacking the vacuum, he goes and grabs one of his toys and throws it down right in front of the vaccum. :lol: Kinda funny, but can get aggravating.
Sounds to me like the best way to catch him would be to turn on the vacuum just inside the door!! :lol:
:clap: :clap:
LOL !!! :hyst:

Nice one, GE !!! :lol:

Been a real good day. Went and got my hair trimmed and eyebrows waxed. Our daughter decided to stay home with me tonight instead of going out with her boyfriend, like usual. Made me very happy getting to spend some time with her. :)

Been a great day. My brother is getting married tomorrow evening. Just got back from the rehearsal dinner. Had a great time, but ate too much. Great food. Hubby's company sent him to work out of town. He came home today and will be here until Sunday afternoon. First time he has been home in about three weeks.

My day has been great !! Just got back from eating Mexican food, mmmmm !! Had a piece of b-day cake and I am now sipping on some ice cold Michelob Ultra in the bottle. :beer: :heart: :beer:

:peace: :woohoo: :peace: :woohoo: :peace: :woohoo: :peace:

( gotta love the peace sign guy !! :D )

jpark said:
Mine's not finished yet, but it's really going well so far.

:D
My day is going okay, although it has been a lazy one. Something about cloudy, rainy, days that makes me want to just kick back. I am managing to get some laundry done though. Also have a spaghetti sauce slow cooking in the crockpot, mmmm !!

Think I will probably finish the book that I am reading, later on. Then I might start another one. I always have a book going. :)

Well, went and got groceries and then came home to wash the Escape. Guess what? It's raining, and the weather guy called for sunny skies. :shrug: Maybe just a shower. :shrug: Hopefully.......I have all this energy and need to figure out something to do.

Oh wake me up before ya go go ....... sing it with me, Dasha !! :woohoo: :woohoo: We need a dancing smilie, JP. :D

So Dasha, to make guacamole, all I need is avacado's and lime juice???

Well I just got back in from cruising around the yard on the lawn mower. Also, jammin' and singing away to my ipod. You should see the looks I get from the neighbors when I do that. Especially when I start dancing in the seat. :lol: J/K ,I only do that in the back yard. So it is just the next door neighbors who think I'm nuts. :lol: J/K again. I actually think they get a kick out of me. Rooma zoom zoom. :D

I have a roast slow cooking in the crockpot, mmm. That's about all I've accomplished today. Except for posting on my favorite forum.

The weather is beautiful here today !! :)

Dasha said:
My day was long and busy but I feel like a ton of stress is now gone!! Two major projects for my grad class are DONE!!!
That is great news !! :) :yahoo:

Dasha said:
The move into our new house is getting done slowly but surely
:thumb:

Dasha said:
and I just ate a yummy chocolate cupcake! Life is good. :D :thumb: :)P
Mmmmm !! :D

Tribby said:
My day went pretty good. Finished my last school exam ever :woohoo:
That's fantastic, Brent !! :yahoo: I'm soo happy for you! :) But don't you mean your last High School exam, ever? You will soon be headed to College. :D

Wingsfan said:
Today was good, first night of vacation ahhh :)
Enjoy your vacation, Wingsfan !! :beer:

Sure glad for you that they were only verbal warnings, Dasha !! :) Soo, did you use your excuse ??? :D ;)

My day went very well, despite the fact that it was cold and rainy. Hubby came back in from being out of town, VERY early this morning. :D Spent the day with him. He has to head back out tomorrow evening to another location. :( But, after this outage, he should be around home for a good while. :)

We ordered pizza for dinner. Good stuff !! :yes:

:boring: :boring: I'm about ready for bed !! Our daughter is on her way home and should be pulling in the driveway soon. I can't sleep until I know that she has made it home safely.

Goodnight, everyone. Pleasant dreams !!! :)

Our day was very nice. We had an early dinner, grilled some steaks, mmmm !! Got hubby's clothes washed and helped him get packed up to go out of town again. He left about 5pm so that he could stop and spend some time with his Dad before heading down the road.

These back to back out of town trips are a little rough. He just got back in and is now back out again. :cry:
Yeah, I know :violin:

Going to do a little reading now and then watch some tv. Of course I will be checking in here, periodically tonight.

I hope that y'all have a very nice evening !!! :heart:

:peace:

cbramsey said:
I know when I was working outages, I preferred to work 6 - 12 hour days if I was working out of town.

There is nothing worse than only working 40 - 50 hours per week when you are away from home.
They are working him sometimes 12 and 13 hrs per day. Usually the first couple of weeks he doesn't even get a day off. At least he is back on days now. The outage he just got off of, he was on nights.

And I do get what you are saying, Charles. It gets lonely for him too. At least for the outage that he is on now, he and a coworker rented an apartment, so he has someone to keep him company. :)

jonas1022 said:
I hope your husband gets to move away from the travel thing. It is anything but fun.
:hi:

Hi Jonas,

It really isn't all that bad, usually two to three times a year. It's just that this time he has back to back outages and just got off one and went right back out to another. That, thankfully, does not happen too often. :)

"This too shall pass" :) :thumb:

Colleen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.