Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just dropped my E at the dealer for the 10,000 miles (16,000Km, mine are every 8,000km)Revision. And realised that i got my E around November 5 2009!

So..its almost my E first Bday !! :party:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
WOO HOO!!! Congrats on 1 year of Escaping!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys! I've really enjoyed my E this year...probably more since i found EC!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well...I just got a phone call from my dealer...my revision includes:
1.Change of oil
2.Change of oil Filter
3.Change of Air Filter
4. Change of Brake pads (I have 10.000mi, but apparentely they have to go)
5. adjusting the suspension (nothing to change)
6. Wheel rotation and alignment.

For a total cost of USD539 with tax.
Is it me? or this seems too much? i don't know.

Btw, my rear bumper costs USD1056 with tax, installed and painted.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Congrats on your one year of ownership! I'm glad you noticed how much your life has improved since buying it and signing up here! :lol:

I'm not sure if the exchange rate is coming through to me correctly but and oil and air filter change, plus (all 4?) brake pads should not cost you $500, even at a dealer. Most importantly, you should not need new brake pads at 10,000 miles (mine lasted 40,000) or and air filter. I would look into this if I were you, alot of dealers in the US perform unnecessary maintenance to make more money.

·
Registered
439 Posts
molanojuan said:
Well...I just got a phone call from my dealer...my revision includes:
1.Change of oil
2.Change of oil Filter
3.Change of Air Filter
4. Change of Brake pads (I have 10.000mi, but apparentely they have to go)
5. adjusting the suspension (nothing to change)
6. Wheel rotation and alignment.

For a total cost of USD539 with tax.
Is it me? or this seems too much? i don't know.

Btw, my rear bumper costs USD1056 with tax, installed and painted.
WOW!! That's a lot of money man.....I don't know but that's what it looks like to me.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx to all again! :)

Well...i went to my dealer, and this is the response: "If you don't do the revisions(and the required changes of parts) at the dealer, we cant guarantee the integrity of the vehicle, therefore it might void the guarantee"

Plus when i was looking around at the dealer i noticed a brand new 2011 Escape(Still dirty from the ship, with the tags from the factory) where it states that the warranty is 3 years or 50,000miles. When i asked my dealer if that was only for 2011, he told me "Thats for the US, Ford guarantee is 2 year or 50.000Km (31,070Mi), in Colombia, and is directly with the dealer not Ford" , although my Dealer is Ford Colombia.

So...basically, either pay them or pay them... :(

But come to think about it, a 2011 E (XLT,v6 with Sync) here cost today roughly USD35,000, wich is a lot more than in the US.

Anyways....Im still happy!!!!! and im still celebrating my E first year! :yahoo: :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Well at least you won't have to worry about that stuff for a while now. I would stop using that dealer once your warranty has expired. You should give your Escape a nice coat of wax for a birthday present!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ajax said:
Well at least you won't have to worry about that stuff for a while now. I would stop using that dealer once your warranty has expired. You should give your Escape a nice coat of wax for a birthday present!
Yeah, as soon as it expires i wont go back!

Ill sure do it, but im waiting for the weather to get better, just washed it and it rained getting home. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts