Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a wait for the new brackets for my front light bar, I got the rear warning bar yesterday.

So I mounted it to a bar of aluminum, and mounted the aluminum to the child seat anchors on the rear headliner.

This is the controller

The final mounted position

And the light on, BTW it is a STL Virtue 6 light with controller.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the email that the brackets will be in tomorrow, so an update will come, I have been thinking of mounting the cotroller in the trunk for the traffic function and run the power cable to the front console on a switch.

Mount this

Roughly to the left of that little vent above the calume sticks.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The passenger side light bar is mounted!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front is done!

But first, here is where the rear controller is going.

Mounted,

The wiring,

And the light show,

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My thinking is to run the power up front on a switch and mount the controller in the back to switch to traffic advisor patterns. I plan to hide tthis in the center console.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's a neat little controller, I have a simple three switch set-up. Is there a way to hook up a pattern control up front and back? The only problem I'm seeing is when you need to switch the pattern and you don't need to get out of the vehicle, that just makes it more problematic for you.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure, I can just tapp the wire for pattern select and run it to a momentary button, but ive used theese for a while and have never needed to switch to traffic patterns without having to set cones and physically be directing traffic too. Thanks for the idea though.

BTW, soon to come, dual head sticks mounted at the rear side windows and hide aways in the tail lights.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CDM antenna and magnet mount are enroute, along with the side lights and controller.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a spare minute, decided to quickly install the rear traffic controller.

Those spare wires hanging are a 10a fused accessory line, and where I will be adding the hiseaways when I find the money, this way, when I get the side lights, I ziptie and loom all of the power wires together and send them up to the console storage box.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Side lights are installed and the siren/controller is also in, but one step foreward two steps back, the front lightbar keeps blowing fuses when I try to power it with the controller. But that is for tomorrow to fix.

The mess that was my center console for two days.

And the controller, hard to tell with the flash but it is blue backlit

And the side lights.

All together now!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the parts today so I got the radio ready to install tomorrow.

The bracket.

This way, and with extra wire allowed, I can move it for long trips/ease of access.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Been looking through your build thread and looking at all of the lights that you have added and so far this is becoming a pretty Bad A$$ POV build

The question I have with your side mounted lights, I noticed that the button to switch strobe paterns is hard mounted to the back of the light pod. can you also change the paterns with a remote like the ones you have rear facing ( can you attach them all together and use the same remote controller) ???

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, is it easy, no.

One would have to open up the side lights and run tye pattern wire the controller's pattern wire.

It would be fairly straight forward, all you need is to call STL and get their wireing color code.

Thanks for the kind words, this will be a growing build as I believe I have a problem. :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
thanks for the info. and I kinda curse you for making me want to upgrade my light set up in my Xterra( build info can be found on the non Ford area of the forum) the wife would never let me add these to her E lol :thumb: :beer:

cheers

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have, I have also looked into the jotto and troy ones, I like the idea but the cost is too high for something I do as a volunteer, $400 for the console plus $30-$90 for plates boxes and armrests.

In sgort I want it but cant justify it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rook said:
I have, I have also looked into the jotto and troy ones, I like the idea but the cost is too high for something I do as a volunteer, $400 for the console plus $30-$90 for plates boxes and armrests.

In sgort I want it but cant justify it.
The only way I truly afforded it was adding it into the cost of my vehicle loan when I bought mine and taking advantage of a small
discount from the dealer I bought the console from. If it was not for that, I would have kept it stock.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.