Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my way to my hometown for Christmas this year (Saturday), I noticed that my Escape started to act weird...and this is what happened....

This shift patterns were acting strange. First gear would feel really sluggish and then it wouldn't shift out of first for quite some time...it would just hold high rpms...it wasn't that noticeable at first though.

Then yesterday I was driving out to a friends house who lives way out in the boonies...hills and turns everywhere, which required a lot of downshifting of my tranny...I came arounda 90 degree turn and immediatley had to climb a steep grade hill....I was hardly moving! My foot was to the floor, and it wasn't gaining speed. The Escape sounded like I was trying to powerbrake it or something..like I was holding down the brakes and flooring it... I was slowly climbing up the hill. When I got to the top of the hill, and the Escape shifted into third, I felt a jolt of power! It was running just fine in 3rd and 4th. Well on my way back into town...my O/D Off light was blinking at me! So when I got back to the place I was staying I parked it for the rest of the day.

I decided to drive back to Indianapolis because I knew for something like that a dealership would probably have it for quite some time. On my way back to Indy, it drove fine...not one problem. When I got back up to Indy, maybe 5 miles away from my house (This is where all the stop lights in the city came into play) it started acting up again. So I parked it when I got home.

This morning, I went to Marsh to get some things for breakfast, and it was still doing the same thing. Went back to the house, dropped off the groceries, got back in the car, started it up...as soon as the engine started the truck jerked a little bit! Odd...so I put it in reverse...nothing. :cuss: Wasn't moving. Put it into drive, it went forward! So I put the truck in neutral and gave it a push start out of my driveway, drove it to the dealership, and hear I am telling you this fascinating story! I only had 21,000 miles on it

The dealership told me that they won't even look at it till tomorrow! Slow bastards... :taz:

Update!

Ill be fine with the warranty thing if anyone is wondering...I think...here is where I am concerned.

I have an XCal 2...

I plugged in my xcal 2 this morning, clicked select on "Return to Stock" and it downloaded...it said download successful...is that all that I need to do?

Update!

The XCal 2 does not void out the warranty of your Escape. If the dealership wanted to say that they wouldn't cover it under warranty because of the XCal, they certainly could. However this mod even states that it does not void out the warranty on vehicles. And who cares if they see this post? It has nothing to do with the dealership...but it has everything to do with Ford..and quite frankly I don't think that Ford gives 2 sh!ts about this...

Update!

I just got it back. It feels VERY peppy! I don't know what difference they made but it definitely is peppier than normal. There is a lot of snow around here right now so I am going to test it out to make sure the 4x4 still works alright. I should be able to give you guys an update in a few hours after I go workout.

Sure is nice to have it back!

Update!

All is back to normal!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Glad to hear you and your Escape are out roaming the universe again!!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
cbramsey said:
Glad to hear you and your Escape are out roaming the universe again!!! :clap:
I LOVE your avatar! Crazy!!!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Thank you for your kind comments on my avatar. I had my wife rework an avatar I found elsewhere so it would work on this forum. She is nice that way!!!! :clap:

She had to turn the arrows around (pointing down to pointing up, pointing right to left, etc.)

·
Registered
367 Posts
BORING! :boring: We heard this before!

Just kidding, Scooter! :lol: It's good info and I'm glad you have your toy back. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stryford said:
BORING! :boring: We heard this before!

Just kidding, Scooter! :lol: It's good info and I'm glad you have your toy back. :cheers:
Thanks Stryford! lol

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
cbramsey said:
Thank you for your kind comments on my avatar. I had my wife rework an avatar I found elsewhere so it would work on this forum. She is nice that way!!!! :clap:

She had to turn the arrows around (pointing down to pointing up, pointing right to left, etc.)
What happens if we move the avatars to the left?

:bill:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
jpark said:
cbramsey said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I likey on the right, no? Different and interesting. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
jpark said:
cbramsey said:

They'll be on the other side. :shades:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
If the name and avatar were on the left, I would pull out the "left handed" version of my avatar. :shades:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
I like it on the right as well. It is different in a good sort of way. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was stuck in 2nd gear...The tranny was done for...they replaced the tranny.

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
It was stuck in 2nd gear...The tranny was done for...they replaced the tranny.
I thought everyone knew about Scott's new tranny.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was waiting for someone to put her picture back up lol :hyst:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
I was waiting for someone to put her picture back up lol :hyst:
Scott, THAT is a tranny that'll NEVER die! :D

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Things that make you go... :nervous:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
She...er...he...was wondering when someone was going to ask.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts