Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got tired of all the road noise from the ContiCraps and went out and purchased a set of Goodyear Fortera TripleTreds !! :yahoo:

All I can say is the ride home was sooo much quieter and I am VERY happy ! :D

Here are some pics. Sorry I did not clean them up but they are calling for rain here.

Thank you for looking ! :) :peace:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Very nice! I think you'll be really happy with them. :thumb:

·
Registered
611 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Great choice!! After driving in the rain, you'll never regret pick of tire. They are $$$. But with a 60K warranty (tread life) Excellent Choice!!.. I've got over 35K on mine and they still look new... :yes: Y'all need some slotted rotors and EBC green-stuff pads!!! You'll stop on a dime and get 9 cents change....... :shades:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Those are some very nice shoes for your Escape! WOW! :thumb: :thumb:

Our Conticraps are still quiet, so they are still on the Tribute. Then again, we only have 12.5 K miles on them...they better still be quiet! :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks very much, everyone ! :)

PK, your comments are very reassuring and I greatly appreciate them ! :) :beer:

Jonas, I hope that your tires remain quiet. I have around 17,500 miles on my Escape and it seems like the noise got progressively worse over the last few thousand or so. That is despite having them rotated every other oil change as recommended ( every 5000 miles). I am sooo glad that they are off there ! The vehicle also seems to handle much better with the new tires.

Tribby said:
You Escape looks like a Teal color in that last pic. Very nice :thumb:
Cool, I love teal. :D Probably the lighting (cloudy day). Waiting patiently for decent weather so I can give her a good wash and wax. :)

Brent, I love your new sig pic !! :thumb:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Colleen, Forgot to mention. Remember those Trip-Treads are directional tires. When rotated, Front to back and backs too front... No crisscrossing..... There are arrows on side wall pointing the direction. :yes: :beer:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, everyone! :beer:

PollKat said:
Colleen, Forgot to mention. Remember those Trip-Treads are directional tires. When rotated, Front to back and backs too front... No crisscrossing..... There are arrows on side wall pointing the direction. :yes: :beer:
Thank you, PK !! I appreciate it !!!!! :) :beer:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Those tires are what I use for my winter tires. They have the snowflake and mountain symbol indicating they meet severe winter requirements. Work very well in winter conditions. I take them off after winter and install my stock Continental EcoPlus low rolling resistance tires because there is an improvement in fuel mileage with these tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrads on your Triple Threds. I had a set and absolutely loved them. I ended up trading my factory wheels and triple treds for a set of 20" wheels and new tires. I had 20k miles on them, rotated and balanced every 3000 miles and they still looked brand new. Congrads.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Those Fortera's are what Ford puts on the Explorer and the Sport-Trac. I drove a rental XLT in El Paso last year, and they indeed were quiet, and had decent steering response and handling characteristics...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Davis137 said:
Those Fortera's are what Ford puts on the Explorer and the Sport-Trac. I drove a rental XLT in El Paso last year, and they indeed were quiet, and had decent steering response and handling characteristics...
Not quite. They have the Fortera HL Editions. Not as good as the Tripletreads, but OK for OEMs. They are much better than Continental and Generals that Ford has used throughout the years.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have the Assurance TripleTreds on my Cavalier and previously on my Impala, and they are hands down the best tires I have ever owned. I went EVERYWHERE with those tires and no matter what Mother Nature threw at me, I just kept on going! Plus they wear like iron. Congrats on the purchase, they look AWESOME!

EDIT: I have Michelins on my Escape and they seem pretty good, they do great in rain, but only time will tell how they hold up and how they do in snow.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts