Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is NOT the first post that I wanted to make on this forum, so I guess you can all welcome me with some sympathy. My poor Escape was viciously attacked today, by someone who thought they needed my JVC HD radio more than I did. He smashed out the rear passenger door window, crawled in through it (to avoid setting of the alarm) and from the back seat was able to rip out the stereo. He broke the controls on the dash panel too; now when the engine is running I hear this "whooooosh" from the damaged vacuum lines.

This happened in broad daylight, in a SUPERVISED lot at work. The attendant saw the guy do it, called 911, but by the time the police got there he was long gone. I guess this is just life in Rochester, NY, as our crime continues to spiral out of control. I meet with the insurance agent tomorrow morning, I'm thinking its going to come in around $600.
:wall: :box: :mad:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Jimmyv,

I am sorry to hear what happened to your Escape.

When I was in San Jose, the same thing happened to mine. The dirty :censor: busted out the driver side glass in a supervised parking lot.

I know how you feel!! :lightning:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
That dirty, rotten scoundrel!! :taz: Sorry to hear!! :cry:

Welcome to the City! :beer:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That's a shame! Hope the police catch the guy who did it! :box:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Sorry Man. Been there myself. They left my H.U, but swiped my subs, amp & CD changer from my trunk.....It sucks..... :cry: :rant: :cuss: :box:

·
Registered
611 Posts
They must have been really desperate to do that in daylight in a supervised lot. You must have felt :rant: Oh, and welcome to Escape-City.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I am SO SORRY about that. Wow.

I hope you can get things back to normal. Sorry for the out-of-pocket.

What was the lot supervisor doing while watching all of this?

:cuss:

Hey, welcome aboard anyway...

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Welcome Jimmy, sorry about the break-in. Supervised parking lot? I'd hate to see what would happen if it was un-supervised.

·
Registered
446 Posts
PollKat said:
jpark said:
What was the lot supervisor doing while watching all of this?
Perhaps this? >
or :play:
PollKat, you forgot this: :censor: or :beer: or maybe even this: :kneel:

·
Registered
88 Posts
First, Welcome

Second, the supervisor gets a kickback from the theif

Third, in Oklahoma they have reconized that the Police are just armed report takers and have armed the citizens, we pack in OKC and crime is not going up, not sure it is going down either but we do have a lot more nervious theifs.

PUTT :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
DON'T TASE ME, BRO!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
jimmyv said:
This is NOT the first post that I wanted to make on this forum, so I guess you can all welcome me with some sympathy. My poor Escape was viciously attacked today, by someone who thought they needed my JVC HD radio more than I did. He smashed out the rear passenger door window, crawled in through it (to avoid setting of the alarm) and from the back seat was able to rip out the stereo. He broke the controls on the dash panel too; now when the engine is running I hear this "whooooosh" from the damaged vacuum lines.

This happened in broad daylight, in a SUPERVISED lot at work. The attendant saw the guy do it, called 911, but by the time the police got there he was long gone. I guess this is just life in Rochester, NY, as our crime continues to spiral out of control. I meet with the insurance agent tomorrow morning, I'm thinking its going to come in around $600.
:wall: :box: :mad:
Welcome to the city and I'm sorry to hear you got ripped off. One of the reasons why I don't like leaving my car unattended in Rochester.

·
Registered
220 Posts
jimmyv said:
I guess this is just life in Rochester, NY, as our crime continues to spiral out of control.
Geez, where where you parked??

I live in Rochester myself (Penfield actually) & have never had a problem like this although it can happen anywhere......

~John

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jmorton10 said:
jimmyv said:
I guess this is just life in Rochester, NY, as our crime continues to spiral out of control.
Geez, where where you parked??

I live in Rochester myself (Penfield actually) & have never had a problem like this although it can happen anywhere......

~John
Down near Avenue D. In other words "HELL!"

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Welcome to the site. Very sorry to hear that you car was violated by low life, and the parking attendant didn't intervene before the police arrived.
I park my Maverick on an unlit, unsupervised dirt track everyday when at work, as do the other drivers with their cars, and thankfully our cars are left untouched, but I guess that we are just lucky, as the only damage I've had has been done on my own drive at home, by my next door neighbours own drug taking son, the :censor: :censor:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
As the others said Jimmy... Sorry to hear that happened to you. I had a radio taken from a car back in my college days in Newark, NJ. I was asleep in my Fraternity House bed room and one of my friends comes into my room. He asked me if my car was parked out front. I said it was. He said "Well... your window is smashed and you radio is gone." I said :censor:!!! Funniest thing about it was they didn't only take my radio, they went through my glove box and took a pack of gum I had just bought...

And, oh yea... Welcome to the site. I hope future posts aren't as upsetting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts