Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

My Escape

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  stone 
#1 ·
New here, but I have a 2001 Ford Escape V6 4X4. Weapon-R Dragon intake with k&n filter, gibson cat-back exhaust, catco highflow cat, accel coil, wires, bosch iridium plugs. Brembo rotors and Hawk brake pads. Computer re-programmed. PIAA super-white headlights. Leather interior, kenwood head unit, 6 speakers and a sub. Some pics from last weekend when I was mudding. Goodyear Wrangler Silentarmor tires-235/75R16s. Gonna add a bar in the front with lights, adjustable suspension for lifting when offroad then lowering when on the highway. I've hit a deer and a coyote with it, still looks great. Alternator went out on my on the highway in the middle of nowhere. $657. Also have a bad sway bar link and a small crack in the right front half shaft. Another $400 I don't have yet. 89000miles on it.

Last summers mudding pics

My beastie tires

See less See more
#4 ·
sounds like you spent some worthwhile time and money and ended up with a sweet ride :clap:

#12 ·
Thanks. I'm gonna wash the mud off this weekend, and I'll take some pic of the exterior and interior. I want to replace the mach audio subwoofer with a better one, but I don't know what size to get. Any ideas?

#15 ·
It was just a change from 235/70/16 so only up 5 in the aspect ratio, so maybe 1/2 mile per gallon difference. Still only get 15-17 mpg city. I'll post some new pics later today with it all cleaned up.

EDIT: Here are the updated pics:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.