Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just recently bought a 2006 Ford Escape V6 XLT. My previous car (03 Chevy Impala) broke on me for the last time, I've pretty much spent $4000 in the 4 yrs I've owned it fixing it. I am fed up with the problems and it no longer felt reliable.

My cousin who is a car salesman at a Chevy dealership got this on a trade it.

2006 Ford Escape XLT
V6 3.0L Engine
Black
Sunroof
Gray Leather Interior with heated seats
Side steps
55 300km
Pioneer Aftermarket deck (replaced with my Kenwood which has iPod control and bluetooth handsfree)

I am very happy with it.

Pics:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Nice! Welcome to E-C! And you're 20 minutes up the QEW from here!!!

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Welcome to E-C!

Nice looking set of "new" wheels too! :yes: :thumb:

Lots of posts on Contitracs. Just remember to watch the inflation and rotate them. They are 80K mile tires, but can be noisy if you don't perform due diligence on the rotation schedule.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
On our Mazda, which has the original tires, it's done every 5K. I have no idea what the book calls for as it's on a maintenance policy since new. Seems to work for us. Rotate and rebalance. It's done at the same time as the oil change. Oil change is supposed to be every 7500 miles, but I just do it all at once every 5K miles. No problems to report on anything.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Lookin' real good!! :thumb: :thumb:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
758 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Welcome to E-C!

Nice looking set of "new" wheels too! :yes: :thumb:

Lots of posts on Contitracs. Just remember to watch the inflation and rotate them. They are 80K mile tires, but can be noisy if you don't perform due diligence on the rotation schedule.
The 2005-07 Escape vehicles had a factory set "toe-in" alignment. This is going to wear the inside of your front tires faster than it should be. It is possible to align the vehicle in a neutral position. This is going to make your tires last longer and slightly decrease the noise.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
Very nice Escape you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the City!!!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Welcome to the City!!! Have fun Escaping around!!!

Good looking truck too!!! Awesome mileage!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Great looking Escape! It appears to be in mint condition both inside and out! :thumb:

Welcome to the City! :welcome:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone.

I'm just trying to figure out whether to install my sub or not. It's a 10 inch I had in my car, nothing fancy. My main issue is where to mount the amp. I read on another forum I came across while googling that attaching it to the box is not a good idea.

It's an Alpine sub with a Kenwood KAC-Q62 amp (which I got for free). It's not much but served me well in my Impala.

Here's a pic of the sub:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Under that load floor is a recess in the floor pan.

Lift up the carpet, and you'll see how to remove the floor panel. It's only a few bolts.

·
Registered
501 Posts
:welcome:
Nice Escape!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Installed the sub today, I hate running wires in a vehicle. Altho it's easier in a SUV than a car since it sits higher. I put the sub in the same place as the above pic. Thanks to jpark for mentioning the space under the load floor. I zip tied it to the underside of the plastic.

I would like to add either the auto dim mirror or one of those mirrors with the homelink, temp and compass (I know $$$). But am unsure if there is some wiring there or not. Did the 2006 Escape come with an auto dim option? and would the wiring be there already? I don't know how Ford does their harnesses.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts