1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started great.

ended like this

always wear your safety gear!!!!

my wife went down into a gravel road we were on a paved curve and the bike slid out from all the gravel on the road. she is ok, got a minor break in her shoulder, so a sling for 4-6weeks. the bike only has cosmetic damage, so some new parts and a custom paint job and she will be back on it.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Wow, that must have scared the sh*t out of you. Gravel always made me nervous when I rode. I'm glad it wasn't too bad. I hope she heals up nicely. Ride safe! :peace:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she will be in bed with or with a sling for the next while. the hardest part is my son who is 16mos. it will be 6weeks tomorrow since i had back surgery, and chasing him around for even a little while, put me in pain as well.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife, but at least she isn't too bad. Now she can get the bike pink to match the helmet.

Hope she has a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys,

and ya we have already discussed the paint, and it will be pink and black. but she does require a new helmet, so were are thinking of buying that first.

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Wow! I don't feel so bad about my little accident now. I'm glad no one was badly hurt.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Sure glad to hear the damage to both the wife and the bike wasn't too bad. Sure have to watch that GRAVEL :shades:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya that road was total worst case scenario for a rider, especially being my wifes first bike and first season riding. she just didnt have the reaction time. mind you i had to put my bike into the on coming traffic lane to miss the gravel which was a huge risk in itself. imagine if a truck had been coming the other way. i woulda been killed.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks stone!. my wife is resting, and i talked to the insurance company today, i dont have coverage on the bike, but he is going to see about cover her lost wages while she is not able to work.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
CrashNburn said:
thanks stone!. my wife is resting, and i talked to the insurance company today, i dont have coverage on the bike, but he is going to see about cover her lost wages while she is not able to work.
You sound like me. I never carried any insurance on my motorcycles, just the liability and medical. I figured if I am dumb enough to wreck the thing, I can pay of the replacement or repair. Fortunately, I never dropped a bike that was moving. Only on one rain soaked intersection did I drop a street cycle. I did crack up an enduro while off road. But nothing broke, just had to readjust the handlebars and the controls on them. :roll: How lucky is that? :whistle:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts