Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this HomeLink module but never got around to install it. I has bored the other day and decided to try it.

Soooo this involved ripping my visor off and opening it! Anyway...

The pics speak for themselves:

Since I had upgraded to the 05 lighted mirror visors I already had power in the visor. This adds a lot of functionality, maybe the best mod (useful) I have done!

Its being sewed up... more to come!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I didn't realize you could install homelink as an aftermarket add-on. I had this on my old vehicle (2001 Ford Windstar) and I really miss it with my Esacpe. Where did you get the module and how much does it run?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
You might be able to pull a HomeLink rearview mirror from a pull-it-yourself junkyard. That's a bit cleaner than a visor install if you don't already have power running to the visor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What all does homelink do? I know it opens the garage, is that all that it does? I never had it before.

·
Registered
490 Posts
As shown, it can control up to 3 devices (3 buttons). They can open garage doors, security gates (for those rich Escape owners :lol: ), remotely turn on lights in your home, etc. Homelink has their own website for more info.

·
Registered
312 Posts
While at my Ford dealer for maintenance I checked with the parts department regarding visors with Homelink controls. The 2010 Escape has an optional visor with Homelink buttons. I don't know if it would fit other Escape model years or if it would look the same. But if you must have it, the parts department quoted me $250. I'm not buying one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$250 is wayyyy to much money. You can get an auto-dimming rear view mirror with homelink included. EBay up homelink mirror. A few members have installed them already.

The main reason I went the visor way was because of the color difference between my "classic" escape and those from the 05+ ones.

The module was around $35 and the leather uphostering was another $40 for both visors.

I owe the updated pics still!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
DaveJ said:
While at my Ford dealer for maintenance I checked with the parts department regarding visors with Homelink controls. The 2010 Escape has an optional visor with Homelink buttons. I don't know if it would fit other Escape model years or if it would look the same. But if you must have it, the parts department quoted me $250. I'm not buying one.
If you're lucky, you can get them much cheaper on eBay. I think there is another member on this forum that went the eBay route. I think he got the module for $50

1 - 11 of 11 Posts