Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is a list of things I did this weekend:

Friday - Worked all day then did house maintenance stuff. Includes starting to prep the backyard for new sod. Rototilled and raked.

Saturday - Went to Highland Mountain in NH to ride DH Mountain Bikes all day. 2 hour drive, 8 hour riding and 2 hour drive home.

Sunday - Help my soon-to-be-brother in law move a buddy. Move from the second floor in West Warwick to a 3rd floor house built in 1894. To boot he packed squat ahead of time. About 4 hours of lugging up and dpown stairs. Then went to in-laws and drank a LOT.

Monday - Spent all day in the backyard preppring for sod. Raked, screened and spread out the loam/dirt. Then vacuumed the pool. By all day I mean 7am-8pm.

Tuesday - Worked a 1/2 day at work. Then layed 800 feet of sod. 2 pallets worth. Went to the gym, lifted, taught spin class and came home to finish cutting edges.

Wednesday - Dead........

I think I lost about 5 lbs in sweat. Can't stand up straight and a sunburn to cap it all off.

Just a little story... What did you all do?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
worked on the boats friday at work. Watched The french Open until about 4AM.
SAT:Slept in until 10 went and bought a new Lincoln Mig that runs off of 110Volts. Messed around with the welder to dial it in for my needs. Cut my rear bumper apart and re welded it just because. Made a new mail box, watched tennis until about 4AM
SUN: woke up thanked all the navy guys and army guys. Went to see Iron Man 2 :thumb: watched Tennis.
MON: Slept and watched Avatar...
Nice and relaxing :thumb: :D

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Dang! Wish I had your stamina...

Friday: Worked pretty much a full day (got out 15 min early) Rented Iron Man, watched it and had a few beers...

Saturday: Felt like crap. Tired, dizzy, headache, etc. I was supposed to go to my brothers with my Dad but I stayed home. I felt bad because they expected me and got me a BD cake. I felt a little better by early evening but I decided to just rest...

Sunday: Went to my sister's house in PA. Played with my nephews for a good part of the day. Got home at 11 pm and went to bed.

Monday: A section of my lawn and a small block landscape wall had settled about 6-8" where we had a tree removed 5 years ago creating an odd bump and ditch next to each other. I removed the half of the wall that settled badly. My father and I then cut out the lawn in this area and raked everything level. This was tough because it was hot, humid and directly in the sun. We had to stop & rest every 10 minutes. Then I rebuilt the wall and we put the lawn back. After some rest, I marinated a London Broil and cleaned the inside of my Escape. Then I cooked up the steak, a couple of burgers, some mashed potatoes and some veggies. Had me a good meal and did the dishes. Then I went out and got some milk for my morning cereal.

Tuesday: Back to work... Dinner & laundry when I got home. Returned the movie, mailed a letter a little more grocery shopping, a little more laundry and off to bed... My Dad got some top soil and filled in the garden area inside the block landscape wall. Then he planted the last of the flowers. Looks great now. :thumb:

Wednesday: Work and then a beefsteak dinner and a presentation at a suppliers warehouse. Finished up my laundry when I got home @ 10 pm... Now on E-C. Going to bed soon :)

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
It sounds like a full week end with the best part being the Mtn. Bike Ride.I do hope you took a minute to thank those who have given of themselves to keep us FREE :shades:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts