Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just bought a new (to me) 2003 Escape - I have been looking to mod it out since I got it at the beginning of the month and I'm just looking for suggestions...

I haven't even taken any pictures of it yet - because I hadn't planned on joining any forums, but I'm finally hooked on it, and this should be the only place to get some of this anxiety off my chest!

A little info about the car:

It's an '03; Black; 165,000 miles (salesman's car), XLT model, came with Sirius, and I'm pumped to mod it up!

what i've done so far:

Tinted all the sides at 20% - even the back 'stock-tinted' windows (which now seem to be at about 4%)
Shaved the emblems off the back - bye bye "escape", "XLT" and "Ford" emblems
Purchased Black Vinyl Dye which should be in by the end of next week - See ya later Gray plastic trim...

Wish List:

New Headlights w/out so much orange; looking at these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-ESC ... otohosting

New Euro Taillights w/out so much orange; looking at these:
http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?Pag ... rodID=1804

Black Billet Grille without any emblems; I don't have a clue where I can find one without painting my own...
input would be amazing.

Looking at getting new wheels & tires:
ASA JH8 Black rims (20" of course)
Kumho tires

Might be looking into a Grille Guard:
Black of course

Other than that, I just have to keep scratching the itch to trick this baby out.

Please let me know if you have recommendations/suggestions for what I should do to the new ride; I'll post pictures as soon as I have a camera and can remember to do so!

THanks everyone!

Dismissile

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Well I've got 2 of your mods covered. Check out my posts about my ride. The Billet Grill I got from AJax...it's a billet aluminum grill that he powder coated black. He then glued on the V6 emblem...I think it looks great on an sexy black Escape. In my LED tail lights thread you can see my LED tail lights that I purchased from China...They work great and really set off the Escape. I prefer the LED's as to the Euro lights like your thinking because I think it gives it more of a sexy, sophisticated (Big word of the month for me) feel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome!

I'm going to look into the grill once I get the gray plastic dyed black... I'm excited to get this thing looking sexy. The LED Taillights sound great, for the time being, I went the same route as another escape I've seen & just put red lens repair tape over the orange part of the taillight... it looks okay from afar, a little cheesy up close, but I'm just waiting on the vinyl dye before taking another step!

Thanks for the input, and I most likely will be here asking for help on wiring and things of the like!

I'll post pics as soon as she's ready for them!

Dis

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Now don't you be making it look just like mine! See what you can do to make it different! :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sounds like its gunna look good, start postin' some pictures!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh Damn,

Just finished dying the plastic trim Black & it looks sweet!

I will post pictures as soon as I get it washed if it's sunny out tomorrow...

I'm excited about this... black on black looks very slick with the shape of that plastic in '03!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Can't wait to see it bud! And Welcome to the club!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts