Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got close enough to home to pick up my new Escape. I must say it's as nice as I expected. My favorite things about the vehicle so far are the moon n tune package, the handling, the quiet, smooth ride and the styling, in that order. The only thing I have any possible regrets on is not going 4x4 but this Escape will live out most of it's time in the city. I like how the windows are so dark from the factory. I guess thati s normal for SUV's though. Here's the pics I took after picking it up from the dealership yesterday. All I have done to it is the sunroof deflector, Garmin Nuvi 750 GPS and Ford License plate cover.






-steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
:clap:

Nice!!! It has my favorite 'scape wheels, and even a free cat!

:bill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
EscapeSteveXLT said:
All I have done to it is the sunroof deflector
Which deflector did you buy? The only one I could find online said that it would not work with the factory installed Sirius Radio antenna. And since I see you have the antenna also ... and your deflector went on without interference. I am wondering if you would share the brand and part # with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Welcome to the club!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ock913 said:
EscapeSteveXLT said:
All I have done to it is the sunroof deflector
Which deflector did you buy? The only one I could find online said that it would not work with the factory installed Sirius Radio antenna. And since I see you have the antenna also ... and your deflector went on without interference. I am wondering if you would share the brand and part # with me.
here's THE one I bought...$50.94
http://www.amazon.com/FORD-ESCAPE-Sunro ... 320&sr=8-1

here's more pics i took today..



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
(at least I'm not the only male on here who'll admit to having Depeche Mode on the ipod)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,541 Posts
EscapeSteveXLT said:
Well, I finally got close enough to home to pick up my new Escape. I must say it's as nice as I expected. - steve
Nice Escape! Good luck with it :thumb:

jbartlett79 said:
(at least I'm not the only male on here who'll admit to having Depeche Mode on the ipod)
YIKES!!! :bill:

;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
jbartlett79 said:
(at least I'm not the only male on here who'll admit to having Depeche Mode on the ipod)
+1.

:bag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jbartlett79 said:
(at least I'm not the only male on here who'll admit to having Depeche Mode on the ipod)
LOL!
i got stuck on depeche mode because i work with a surgeon who plays a crap load of it during the surgeries. i have most of the songs stuck in my head and i've purchased a lot of them from iTunes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
Welcome!! I love your Escape, your cat, and Depeche Mode!!!!!!!!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
:wave: :beer: :wave: :beer: :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
hey guys, what's the advantages of having a deflector on the moon roof. I've never had a moon roof on a car so my Merc will be the first...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ScotchtapeLoser said:
hey guys, what's the advantages of having a deflector on the moon roof. I've never had a moon roof on a car so my Merc will be the first...
i mostly like it because it helps cut down on the wind noise when the moonroof's open. i also keep my baby in the back seat so the wind deflector helps so that i can have the moonroof open without blowing air all over the baby as much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Does the USB port feed directly into the factory stereo and charge the IPOD? Does anybody know if I could make that mod on a 2008 Escape XLT in the same place??

PS. This is my first post on the site, hooray for being a new-B, and looking forward to doing some mods in the near future.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
EscapeSteveXLT said:
ScotchtapeLoser said:
hey guys, what's the advantages of having a deflector on the moon roof. I've never had a moon roof on a car so my Merc will be the first...
i mostly like it because it helps cut down on the wind noise when the moonroof's open. i also keep my baby in the back seat so the wind deflector helps so that i can have the moonroof open without blowing air all over the baby as much.
Cuts the noise, and supposedly it helps keep the bugs out of the cabin. Especially the ones that have been previously splattered on the leading edges of the front and windshield. Worked wonders in our old 533i BMW. :thumb: Not so wonderful in the Buick... :shrug: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alovell said:
Does the USB port feed directly into the factory stereo and charge the IPOD? Does anybody know if I could make that mod on a 2008 Escape XLT in the same place??

PS. This is my first post on the site, hooray for being a new-B, and looking forward to doing some mods in the near future.
yes it plays songs from the ipod onto the escape's stereo in very nice quality. it also charges it, or i assume it does since its been in there so long and the ipod hasnt needed to be recharged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
EscapeSteveXLT said:
alovell said:
Does the USB port feed directly into the factory stereo and charge the IPOD? Does anybody know if I could make that mod on a 2008 Escape XLT in the same place??

PS. This is my first post on the site, hooray for being a new-B, and looking forward to doing some mods in the near future.
yes it plays songs from the ipod onto the escape's stereo in very nice quality. it also charges it, or i assume it does since its been in there so long and the ipod hasnt needed to be recharged.
Did that come with, or did you install it? It looks like you have mini-jack port as well, and why would they include that if you could just hook it up through the USB, if it did come standard?

I've very interested in this because I was trying to find a way to hook up my IPOD to my stereo with one wire instead of needing 2 wires, one to connect the IPOD to the stereo and one to charge it from the lighter plug. Wonder how hard that would be to do to my 2008 Escape.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top