Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought this car. It rawks. Getting 35MPG so far with the air conditioning on around 40% of the time here in Sunny Southern California and no hyper miling techniques.

My dog raided my ice cream I had in the front seat. I had bought it earlier and only ate half and forgot I had it there.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Love your Escape!!! It totally rocks!! :wave:
Welcome to Escape-City and thanks for posting pics in your first post !!! :thumb: (or is it second- no matter!)
Oh, cool dog too!! :p

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Congratulations on your 2009 Escape Hybrid.

Love the dog as well. Hope he enjoyed the ice cream.

:bic: :welcome:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Very nice new Escape. :thumb: :thumb: Nice pooch too! :yes:

What's with the driver side rear window? Looks like it flips out to vent. :shrug:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello superserial. Congratulations on your brand new escape. She looks quite nice. The dog is obviously happy. Then again he or she, would enjoy being driven around. I once had a border collie \ kelpie cross bred. I would only have to say to him ' We go for drive? ' My pet performed what looked like a dance. Some dogs actually dance when excited. It was hilarious to watch and allways induced a laugh from me.

Also that drivers side rear window has me intrigued. Does it actually flip out for air circulation? Are some of those trees in background of the eucalyptus species? My apology for the botanical reference. Eucalyptus as in gum trees. :) My observation is in the second photo scrolling down. Those trees that have a white bark. They look similar to our down under ' Ghost gums' and ' Candlebark' . There are some in your photos, which remind me of our stringy barks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jonas1022 said:

What's with the driver side rear window? Looks like it flips out to vent. :shrug:
lol. that's funny. I had to run out and check right now to see if that was actually there. I thought maybe it was the camera, hadn't seen that before. And yes, it is actually there!

It appears to be some sort of vent. I jumped in the back to see if you could open it but it didn't look like you could.Through the outside if you peek in you could see the vents that look like the Air Conditioner vents. Gonna look through the manual and see what it says. It's only on one side of the car too.

super

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stone said:
Hello superserial. Congratulations on your brand new escape. She looks quite nice. The dog is obviously happy. Then again he or she, would enjoy being driven around. I once had a border collie \ kelpie cross bred. I would only have to say to him ' We go for drive? ' My pet performed what looked like a dance. Some dogs actually dance when excited. It was hilarious to watch and allways induced a laugh from me.

Also that drivers side rear window has me intrigued. Does it actually flip out for air circulation? Are some of those trees in background of the eucalyptus species? My apology for the botanical reference. Eucalyptus as in gum trees. :) My observation is in the second photo scrolling down. Those trees that have a white bark. They look similar to our down under ' Ghost gums' and ' Candlebark' . There are some in your photos, which remind me of our stringy barks.
My dog loves going for drives as well and coincidentally I tell him the same thing "Wanna go for a drive?" and he gets all excited and starts wagging his tail. The trees I don't know about. It's Schabarum Park. A huge goregeous park by my house that has all kinds of trees and wildlife. There's even bobcats there. I'm gonna read the manual right now to find out about the window.

super

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
superserial said:
jonas1022 said:

lol. that's funny. I had to run out and check right now to see if that was actually there. I thought maybe it was the camera, hadn't seen that before. And yes, it is actually there!

It appears to be some sort of vent. I jumped in the back to see if you could open it but it didn't look like you could.Through the outside if you peek in you could see the vents that look like the Air Conditioner vents. Gonna look through the manual and see what it says. It's only on one side of the car too.

super
Thats for the heating and cooling duct for your battery pack.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Very nice ride there bud! I like the sexy black! :yes:

Welcome to the boards! Look forward to seeing what you got in store for your ride! :peace:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts